Headaches???

Options
So i just started on this site yesterday, and have decided to lose the pounds. Today is my first real day on trying to below the calorie range thing. All afternoon I've had a slight headache, its more annoying that anything. Am i having withdawls from the change in diet? Before i used to eat alot of white foods, potatoes rice bread pastery and alot of Pepsi and juice, the powder kind, and little water and veggie if any. So today i had oatmeal and coffee for breakfast, I had a Tuscan Salad at McDonald, for PM snack i had yougart and Berries. Supper i had a Spaghetti Carbonara (pasta was whole wheat) and Salad (Romaine Lettuce and Cucumbers). They only thing i drank besides the coffee was like 10 cups of water so far.

Replies

• ve022
    ve022 Posts: 21
    Options
    It sounds like caffine withdrawl. Although pop may not be the best... I would consider getting some coke zero. This will allow you the caffine... at least to slowly ween down.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie count for the day? You could be getting a headache because you haven't eaten enough. Don't be afraid of food. It's good for you when consumed in sensible proportions.
  • nathaliasmommy
    nathaliasmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok so the calorie stuff is :
    Goal 1700
    Food 1724
    Exercise 1290
    Net 434

I think it might be the pop i used to have one or 2 bottles of pepsi a day
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with some withdrawal going on from carbs and sugar. I'm in the same boat and have had a headache on and off all week. So I think once my body adjusts the headache will go away.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Goal 1700
    Food 1724
    Exercise 1290
    Net 434

Edit: Now that I read through your post again, just because you are having a headache for one day, doesn't necessarily mean you should be alarmed. If you start having chronic headaches, then maybe you can start thinking about changing something.

But for general advice, you should be eating your exercise calories.
  • nathaliasmommy
    Options
    maybe its my kiddies!!! Ive had just one cup of coffee this morning and thats it.....but its only day one so well see how the rest of this week goes.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Net 434? You need to net about 1200! Eat back your exercise calories and you might feel better. Also, take it easy on the exercise. Don't overdo it. You could actually be having a tension headache from putting too much stress of your body!
  • cashqueen33
    cashqueen33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tend to have headaches too while dieting...I just started back today. I have to take Excedrin Migrane every day for about a week and after that I feel better. The pill has caffeine in it, so don't take it after about 2 pm or you won't sleep!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Goal 1700
    Food 1724
    Exercise 1290
    Net 434

You've only net 400 calories today? Um. That's a good reason for your body to have a headache. That isn't enough food to function on. You're asking your body to workout and burn almost 1300 calories but you aren't giving it nearly enough fuel to perform basic functions - like grow hair or digest food.

In case you didn't know, this site is designed differently from other sites. It has already created a deficit when it gave you your daily calorie goal. So, you need to make sure you're eating. The bottom number where it says "Calories remaining" needs to be as close to zero as possible. Having 200, 300 or even more calories leftover at the end of the day is counterproductive when it comes to weight loss.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Goal 1700
    Food 1724
    Exercise 1290
    Net 434

Your NET is 434???? That's your problem. You're body is starving even though you are eating 1724 calories.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Goal 1700
    Food 1724
    Exercise 1290
    Net 434

In addition to possible caffeine withdrawal and what some other posters said about not eating enough calories (Your net calories should be 1700, not 434), it doesn't look like you drank enough water.

You mentioned drinking 10 glasses of water, but that really is the amount you should be drinking on a normal day without exercise (at least 8 glasses a day). I imagine if you burned 1290 calories, you sweated up a storm, and you may need more water and maybe some electrolytes (coconut water, something along the lines of gatorade, etc.).

Nothing to worry about unless it becomes chronic.
  • nathaliasmommy
    Options
    ok so im going to try stay as close to 0 for the net part, and drink even more water esecially during exercise
  • nathaliasmommy
    Options
    Horray no more headaches for the last 3 days or so, I think because it was from not eating enough and to much exercise, Ive had my net at bout 900-1200 over these last three days an no hadaches!!