Need to lose 20 lbs but cant excercise

Options
Here I find myself yet again trying to improve my health, lose weight and feel better about myself. I am more committed this time than any other time but I injured my leg somehow and cant exercise so I am hoping my food intake (and lack of wine intake lol) will help until I am able to walk again.

With turning 46 this year with a 20 and a16 year old, I started feeling complacent and stopped caring about getting my hair done buying clothes etc. I started to get frumpy and woke up 20 lbs heavier after 2 years of bad eating and drinking. I accomplished a 40 lb weight loss after my divorce 7 years ago dropping from a size 12 to 5. I felt so great. After remarrying and being comfy in my marriage I forgot myself again. Here I am 7 years older with an injury hoping to do it all again. My hope is to be in a comfy size 7.

Oh and I also quit smoking which is another hurdle as I am hungry ALL the time!!

Well that is my challenge. Wish me luck!!

Replies

• tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I understand about injury and have had some issues too. You can find ways to get some exercise in a chair moving your upper body you might google that and find ways to get at least some movement while you heal up.
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I permanently hosed my foot up on 9/1/10 and gained weight over the last year when I kept thinking it was going to get better and I could get back on track with exercise. I know how frustrating it can be! Do feel free to add me as a friend... we can get each other through this!
  • prairiegirl1966
    prairiegirl1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I am seeing the Dr. next week. I just have a pain in my right leg by my groin that hurts when I walk on it only. Tired of limping. When I lost my 40 lbs 7 years ago I did it with portion control and walking everyday.

Anyway, its nice to be here and see mine and others progress!!
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just like Dory... we'll just keep swimming... maybe not gracefully, but we can do this.