Former Military Vets Whom Let Themselves Go.

Options
Trying to connect with military vets on here cause I know there has to be some on here.

Replies

• fit4justme
    fit4justme Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If only I could convince my husband to join...
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    If only I could convince my husband to join...

I had my fun (6 years and a 11 month extension of fun) but I'm happy to be out.

Did get my Bachelors degree practically free though.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just separated a little bit ago. I wonder if there is a group here for vets? I wouldn't say that I have let myself go, but I have enjoyed a bit of a break. I also finished my BS for nearly free, just paid for books. :)
  • sbernadetteh
    Options
    Ooh, right here! Sad to say, but yes... been out for almost two years and have packed on the weight. Trying hard to get that figure I had in my military days...
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I was in the Army for about 5 years; stationed at Fort Sill and Grafenwoehr Germany. Had the pleasure of being in Desert Storm/Shield.
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    I was in the Army for about 5 years; stationed at Fort Sill and Grafenwoehr Germany. Had the pleasure of being in Desert Storm/Shield.

Oh ya love the sandbox Kirkuk 2004 and Baghdad 2006 for me.
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    Probably should have title the forum name Military Vets Unit or something like that.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    There is also this recently formed group, but not many people in it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1753-retired-soldiers
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    Well I am not retired just separated so don't know if that falls into the group but I'll send a request regardless.
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    i was in the marine corps for 4 years, you could definetly add me
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I did 4 years and wish I had stayed because I could be retired now and on to my 2nd career :) it was a great experience and you can add me if you like. I am at goal, just workig on bodyfat reduction and maintaining :)
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    I was in the Navy for 10 1/2 years. Separated almost two years ago. I wouldn't say I have packed it on but I have some weight I need to lose. I also got my bachelors for almost no money. Can't beat that GI Bill. I am now using it for some certifications. The Navy was great to me and I miss it sometimes but I just couldn't do the separation anymore.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I did my 4 got out in 97 i'm proud to say and i'm a Navy wife and mom as well !!! Friend me if you want it's all good.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    6 years. Honorable discharge in 94. Definitely let myself go. Getting better :D
  • punkin79314
    Options
    I did 8 yrs 4months seperated AF. Been out for 6 yrs now. Just trying to lose the weight after 2 kids only 19 or so months apart!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My husband is a vet, stationed domestically, in the army for 4 years. Honorably discharged in 2003. Good luck to you and thank you for your service.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Worlds greatest Navy for 5 years. AG3 (AW/SW/NAC) Now using GI Bill and ILL Veterans Grant, free school and getting paid to go. Winning.
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was in the Marine Corps for 6 years. I have so let myself go, but now time to get this off for good! It's nice to see so many other vets!
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was in the Marine Corps from 2000-2004 and was stationed in Okinawa and San Diego. My husband was in for 8 years and went to Iraq in 2003. We are both out now and trying to lose weight.