Apron of fat?

I weigh about 173 lbs and my stomach hangs over a bit. It doesn't go all the way down but it is quite a bit. WIll this ever go away or fix? If so, how?
I'm quite young, 18, and plan to lose 50 lbs does that help?

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    The younger you are the more likely the apron will go away. Make sure that you lose weight slow enough that your skin has time to adjust to the smaller you, so maybe not more than 1 or 1.5 lbs per week.
  • akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    I also have an "apron" I hate it. My sister had one after having 3 kids and she has gotten rid of hers. Lots and lots of abdominal crunches was her advice to me. I do crunches every night now and am hoping that if I can't get rid of it completely, that I can at least lessen how it looks. As you are losing weight make sure that you are working on the toning as well, that is the advice that I have been given over and over as I was focusing too much on cardio.
  • The younger you are the more likely the apron will go away. Make sure that you lose weight slow enough that your skin has time to adjust to the smaller you, so maybe not more than 1 or 1.5 lbs per week.
    Oh, thanks. I do plan on 1 lb a week and to regularly do the 30 Day Shred. I'm really hoping it goes away!
  • I also have an "apron" I hate it. My sister had one after having 3 kids and she has gotten rid of hers. Lots and lots of abdominal crunches was her advice to me. I do crunches every night now and am hoping that if I can't get rid of it completely, that I can at least lessen how it looks. As you are losing weight make sure that you are working on the toning as well, that is the advice that I have been given over and over as I was focusing too much on cardio.
    Yeah, it does suck! I'll try to do my abdominal work, thankyou! x
  • Yeah...take it slow. Do a lot of core exercises and you'd be well on the way to getting rid of that apron. The exercise is to get the muscles to pull in the "apron" so that it becomes more obvious. You'll also need to hit up the cardio and other weight training to help with fat loss. Don't forget to keep your calories in check to help with the fat loss.

I also agree that the younger you are the easier it is to get rid of the apron. Its something to do with skin elasticity with age. I caught it just in time I think. I lost 30lbs and finally managed to see my my abs at the age of 30. The trick is motivation and re-training your mind to accept a fitter, healthier you :)

Ryan E. Parker
    Rock-Abs.net - How I Lost my Belly
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    You'll give your skin its best chance of shrinking by eating WELL as well as staying within your calories and macronutrients. Fruit, veg, whole grains, quality protein and plenty of water. You can lose weight by just cutting calories, but you'll lose, feel great and look a heck of a lot better if you focus on improving your health as well as your waistline.