Sports Bras - Ladies Only :P

Options
astorminside
astorminside Posts: 58 Member
i'm a dancer and i have pretty large breasts (34DD)
i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, very supportive bra for me. I need my breasts stay absolutely still during my performances and i'm really having a problem finding a good bra.
Thanks everyone! :)

Replies

• jadecatherine
    Options
    well what kind of dancer and where do u dance?
  • astorminside
    Options
    i dance ballet, jazz, modern, and hip hop classes at my local dance academy :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I like Moving Comfort sports bras.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Get a sports bra - Champion makes some. I'm around the same size as you and take about 12 ballet classes a week. You really need to kind of "pack 'em in" when you dance.

Alternatively, you can use tights or pantyhose. Cut out the legs and the middle and put it over your head, putting your arms in the legs parts. Apparently, it's supposed to be the dancer's solution.

There's also "binding" - wrapping cloth/spandex-type material - around your chest to keep them from moving.
  • getfitpig
    getfitpig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enell bras keep all the bounce away. Also check out Title Nine and look for the 4 and 5 "dumbbell" bras.
  • astorminside
    Options
    thanks guys.
    in response to slieber; the girls at my academy have actually duct taped their breasts down before. i never have but that seems kinda extreme and hot.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I like buying the bra smaller so it pulls them up higher and makes them look perkier! Makes them move less too.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    There are plenty out there. Moving Comfort has some good ones, Tata Tamer, Under Armour Endure DD, Shock Absorber, Freya Active, Enell, Royce.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I love how the ad on the right side was "renounce the bounce... sports bras for..."

HA HA love google. :D
  • DivaDiane
    Options
    Elomi Energise, holds the girls where they belong! Check out their website for a store near you. If there isn't one, you can order through Nordstrom online and have it shipped for free. About $65, but worth it for "big" girls.

I tried a Freya, but the underwire in the front gapped. The Energise does not.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Adidas!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Enell Sports Bra. The best ever. I swear by them. The girls won't move!!!
  • erinthomas10
    Options
    Maia by Moving Comfort
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about brands, but I usually buy down a size which helps me. One of my friends has a large chest and she wears two sports bras..
  • astorminside
    Options
    my main problem is that i need a good sports bra that won't show under my costumes! it's gonna be tough.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    There are 2 types of sports bras really, compression (the most frequent) and I can't remember the term for the other one but the premis is to just hold them in place. If your working with compression you can use just about any (champion c9 at target are pretty good and they sell a thin strap version), just double up and maybe go a size small. The other kind is pricey, but really good and supportive. Go to the champion web site, they sell them. They are, however, pretty thick. Compression gives you a uniboob, the other kind still enhances your assets.
  • klydrl
    klydrl Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in the military and have 36D's. I run. A lot. It was painful for the first few years. I was buying too small sports bras and layering them, but that only lasted so long. I found the moving comfort sports bras and they are AMAZING!!! They are on the pricy side and was skeptical at first so I only bought one... I own 8 now!!
  • AngieTheCrazy
    Options
    Well I have 40DD D; and I got this Danskin and it zips in the front I find it useful and I literally have no bounce X3 makes me happy. Because I can work out without being uncomfortable. ^_^
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'll get back to this later.