Logging P90X

Options
I am just starting P90X tonight. How do you log your exercises on this site?

Replies

• mlatiolais
    mlatiolais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm actually wondering the same thing. I'm on day 5 of P90X and while logging things like Kenpo (I logged it as kickboxing) is sort of easy, I'm not sure about the rest.

I'm going to get a heart rate monitor soon, once I do that I'll know exactly how many kcal I'm burning, which will make things a lot easier.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I log it under aerobics or strength training and just put in my calories burned from my HRM.
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I call all of it circuit training and input the calories from my hrm, deducting 60.
  • roccopico
    roccopico Posts: 28
    Options
    Cool Thanks everybody!!
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi All,

I saw there was no P90X specific stuff offered in the database, so I have been
    putting in several P90X stuff as I go. I log it in cardiovascular to see how many
    calories I burn (and guestimate 10cal/minute or less, depending on how much I sweat)

And I also log it under my strength training section, just to record it.
    I can elaborate later, it's time for me to log into WOWY for today's workout!! Woo Hoo!!!
    (so if you search for P90X, several things should be available for you to choose now)

♥Karen
  • mlatiolais
    mlatiolais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I call all of it circuit training and input the calories from my hrm, deducting 60.
    Would it be stupid for me to ask why you deduct 60?
  • markxster
    markxster Posts: 19
    Options
    On average, you are burning around 700 cal / workout with P90X.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uClu8PqGSwY

watch the entire video and you will see how the nutrition for P90X was developed. It should answer the majority of your questions.

Independent Beachbody Coach
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Would it be stupid for me to ask why you deduct 60?

Not at all - just my guesstimate as to calorie burn of daily living - 1 per minute.
  • mliso
    mliso Posts: 4
    Options
    I log most of them as calisthetics or step aerobics, it says in the book that the workouts burn 600 cal
  • ianrees
    ianrees Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All,

I saw there was no P90X specific stuff offered in the database, so I have been
    putting in several P90X stuff as I go. I log it in cardiovascular to see how many
    calories I burn (and guestimate 10cal/minute or less, depending on how much I sweat)

And I also log it under my strength training section, just to record it.
    I can elaborate later, it's time for me to log into WOWY for today's workout!! Woo Hoo!!!
    (so if you search for P90X, several things should be available for you to choose now)

♥Karen

Hi Karen, i can't seem to find any of the P90X workouts in the database, perhaps its only available to you..