I fount Peanut butter 85% less fat :) YUMMY

Options
If you love peanut butter then I found some at Target that is Serv: 2Tbs Cal: 100 Fat: 2g Carb: 13 Pro:4 Sug 2..... Now this is sweet for me. I am anemic and do not want 250 cal peanut butter to make me feel better. It is not as good as the fatty stuff but it's still is okay. It coast $6-$7.00

Replies

• ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sooooo what's it called? Lol sounds great though.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    But the fats in peanut-butter...depending on which you buy, are probably it's most vital asset.

Where are those excess carbs coming from?
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    But the fats in peanut-butter...depending on which you buy, are probably it's most vital asset.

I agree. I'd rather have a great tasting, naturally made peanut butter than a highly processed, artificial tasting peanut spread any day of the week.

ETA: I'm anemic too, and I now how hard it is to try and get most of my iron from diet, it takes some creativity and I like it to taste good. I've found some really delish ways to get it, if you ever want to get together and trade ideas, OP! :0)
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's all NATURAL and called Better'n Peanut butter
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    I'm not trying to start an argument, but here are the ingredients in your 'peanut butter':

Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

My own personal question: What in the WORLD is a "Natural food flavor"??? Sounds scary.

Ingredient list taken directly from the website here: http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/nutrition.php

That doesn't sound very natural to me. Peanut flour in my peanut butter? tapioca syrup? vegetable glycerin? It also sounds pretty processed if they are turning the peanuts into "defatted peanut flour" before they mix the flour powder back into it. That's why it's called Better 'n' Peanut Butter-because it is not actually peanut butter, it is just a peanut based spread. In fact, the website itself calls it "peanut butter spread" and not "peanut butter".

I took my peanut butter out of the fridge for comparison. It's Creamy Salted Peanut Butter from Trader Joe's.

Ingredients: DRY ROASTED PEANUTS, SALT. (190 cals. per serving, about 2.99 per jar)

Sounds much more natural to me, and it tastes really delicious. I try to eat whole foods for the most part, though, and I don't usually worry about going lowfat. I would rather have a smaller amound of the regular fat, natural, rich tasting foods, than a larger amount of processed food. I don't really like the taste of most processed foods. Some people don't mind eating the processed lowfat foods when they are on a diet. They don't mind the taste, and might not like the richer foods that I prefer. It's all a matter of preference. I eat peanut butter a lot, I really love my pb&j sandwiches!

Just don't let a website or claims on a package tell you something is "natural" when it's not. Be aware of what you are putting into your body. :heart:
  • jezika01
    jezika01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try PB2 from bellplantation.com. Two tbsp is 45 cal, 1.5g fat, 94mg sodium, 1g sugar, 5g carbs and 2g protein. The ingredients are peanuts, salt and sugar. It is really yummy too!
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Wow...powdered peanut butter. I didn't even know that existed. :smile:
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to start an argument, but here are the ingredients in your 'peanut butter':

Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

My own personal question: What in the WORLD is a "Natural food flavor"??? Sounds scary.

Ingredient list taken directly from the website here: http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/nutrition.php

That doesn't sound very natural to me. Peanut flour in my peanut butter? tapioca syrup? vegetable glycerin? It also sounds pretty processed if they are turning the peanuts into "defatted peanut flour" before they mix the flour powder back into it. That's why it's called Better 'n' Peanut Butter-because it is not actually peanut butter, it is just a peanut based spread. In fact, the website itself calls it "peanut butter spread" and not "peanut butter".

I took my peanut butter out of the fridge for comparison. It's Creamy Salted Peanut Butter from Trader Joe's.

Ingredients: DRY ROASTED PEANUTS, SALT. (190 cals. per serving, about 2.99 per jar)

Sounds much more natural to me, and it tastes really delicious. I try to eat whole foods for the most part, though, and I don't usually worry about going lowfat. I would rather have a smaller amound of the regular fat, natural, rich tasting foods, than a larger amount of processed food. I don't really like the taste of most processed foods. Some people don't mind eating the processed lowfat foods when they are on a diet. They don't mind the taste, and might not like the richer foods that I prefer. It's all a matter of preference. I eat peanut butter a lot, I really love my pb&j sandwiches!

Just don't let a website or claims on a package tell you something is "natural" when it's not. Be aware of what you are putting into your body. :heart:

Very good post. Another thing to note, at least for those in the US, is that the FDA does not have much for guidelines of what "natural" is and can be; thus, a company can pretty much slap that label on just about anything they want.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm214868.htm

What is the meaning of 'natural' on the label of food?
    From a food science perspective, it is difficult to define a food product that is 'natural' because the food has probably been processed and is no longer the product of the earth. That said, FDA has not developed a definition for use of the term natural or its derivatives. However, the agency has not objected to the use of the term if the food does not contain added color, artificial flavors, or synthetic substances.
  • AviaBatyah
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the extra info :)
  • healthymama89
    Options
    I use Crazy Richard's all natural crunchy peanut butter. Only ingredient is peanuts!
  • autumnblingsz
    autumnblingsz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my weakness! I've tried both the PB2 and the bettter n'peanut butter but I still love regular peanut butter the best. A lot of supermarkets sell regular peanut butter, honey peanut butter, or chocolate hazlenut butter in little packets which I love because they're pre-portioned so I can't go back and take another spoonful.. & they're easy to take for a snack with some fruit or celery. I've also seen 90 Cal almond butter packs I want to try them next..yum
  • AviaBatyah
    Options
    Now that's a great idea. I will keep eating spoon fulls too. Thanks :)
  • ptoleary
    Options
    do not try the walden farms peanut spread it tastes like *kitten*.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of PB2 as well. Sometimes, when I am REALLY craving the real thing I will use PB2 and add just a touch of the real thing, usually crunchy.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    If you love peanut butter then I found some at Target that is Serv: 2Tbs Cal: 100 Fat: 2g Carb: 13 Pro:4 Sug 2..... Now this is sweet for me. I am anemic and do not want 250 cal peanut butter to make me feel better. It is not as good as the fatty stuff but it's still is okay. It coast $6-$7.00

The fat is good for you and is not the enemy.

And even though iron is fat and water soluable, it works better to eat it with the fat. Nature provides the things like fat in food for a reason.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you!!!

• Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "do not try the walden farms peanut spread it tastes like *kitten*".

This made me laugh-hilarious. For the record, PB is my weakness, too. And Nutella-fuggetaboutit-love the stuff. So I agree with the post of buying the little packets-Justin's is one brand I have tried-I actually used 1/2 a packet. I try to eat whole foods as much as possible-the fake versions have added sugars or fillers to replace the fats. I'd rather have the fat and not the sugar.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    That's some expensive peanut butter. I'll stick to my $2.69 jars of Maranatha.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Yaaaayy to not ditching the fat in nut butters! Previous posters gave GREAT feedback. If interested, I'm pretty addicted to almond butter. Justin's is GREAT, but I also eat just 100% almond only almond butter and LOVE it.
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's some expensive peanut butter. I'll stick to my $2.69 jars of Maranatha.

it is good peanut butter!!!