Endometriosis Diet... Does Anyone Follow This?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I was dignosed with this early in 2011, had tha laproscopy done, and now told "its back..
    I had no idea that there was a diet for this they just want me to get a hystrorectomy..

I find this very interesting... any more information would be great !!

I'm all about trying to find new ways! I'm thinking about trying this after surgery to help with the pain :)
  • sonrie1017
    Options
    I just found all the topics on endo and it is such a relief to hear the stories of others! I will check out the website as soon as I hit 'post'!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Oh my god I had no idea there was such a thing as an endometriosis diet. I'm going to have to try this
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I personally found that I didn't have to give up red meat and dairy, I only have to make sure to consume only rBST-free beef and dairy (no hormones given). This more than anything helped my endo pain and flare ups. I have ended up eating pretty close to the endo diet otherwise because giving up grains and most sugar and eating clean resolved a lot of other health issues as well.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I will eventually have a laproscopy, but I haven't yet. I've seen the diet, but didn't really try it because I had to give up some of my favorites. I may have to look at that again. My doctor won't commit to an endo diagnosis until I let him do the laproscopy, but I am fairly certain that adhesions are what causes the pain on the right side of my belly button when I do abdominal crunches. For now, I just exercise as much as I can and avoid anything that causes pain.
  • KirstenSalvatore
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Endometriosis back in May 2007 by having surgery to explore to find the pain source and confirm diagnosis. Removed a bunch, but not all. Was told it'd be nearly impossible to have kids. Pain was really bad, and was tired of being on meds for the pain. Went on a birth control to help eliminate my periods (and pain) down to 3x a month. About a year and a half later, I ended up getting pregnant. I now have 2 kids and haven't had any issues since (at least so far). I never knew there was a diet either.