fat burning pilates workout = how many calories burned?

Options
Ok here goes... I have a great workout dvd called Crunch Fat Burning Pilates... It is about an hour long with 30 min of cardio pilates and 30 min of kind of intense pilates... how do I know how many calories I burned? How would I log it?

Replies

• Kristaplasse
    Options
    I'm using the same video - trying to figure it out. Keep me posted!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This can vary widely depending upon your gender, age, size, and fitness level

That said .... pilates nets me about 150 calories for 1/2 hour (I'm 5'5" medium fitness level, weigh 145) ... not a real big calorie burner ... but I love the toning benefits!

OK update - collagevideo.com calls this video 25 minutes cardio / 13 minutes floor toning and 2 min cool down. You could log 25 min low impact aerobics and 15 minutes pilates. I like using the graphs on collage to get a feel for times, impact level, etc.
  • Stacy_L_Meyer
    Stacy_L_Meyer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!! That rocks!
  • wholehealthdork
    Options
    Thanks for helping us figure this out! Very helpful!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Your welcome!

I love for collage for all the detail it provides. I will copy & paste the little graph thingie (into MS Word) - print it out & put it in my DVD case....that way I don't have to look it up each time.
  • wholehealthdork
    Options

Your welcome!

I love for collage for all the detail it provides. I will copy & paste the little graph thingie (into MS Word) - print it out & put it in my DVD case....that way I don't have to look it up each time.

What a great idea! I should do that, too!