New here

Options
I am 30 years old. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis. I need to lose weight to ease the pressure on my joints. I am wanting to lose around 20-25 lbs. It is really hard for me to work out because I have very limited range of motion in my legs and arms. I get tired easily and that makes me want to just sit and rest and not do it. I live in Northern Illinois so we have cold and hot weather. I can't seem to get any friends or family to join me in exercising so it also gets boring as well. I try hard to intake minimal calories but even then, I can't burn off what I intake. Anyone else have similar issues?

Replies

• SarahLynn2727
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Sarah and I'm creeping in on the big 3-0. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease 2 years ago. Painful belly issues and awful hip joint pain... The 5 months of steroid treatment KILLED me in the weight, motivation and self esteem departments. I had danced (mostly ballet) for 20+ years... quit because I couldn't move around with my new rolls :(

I'd like to be back in my size 10 jeans by my 30th birthday. I bought 5 pairs JUST before the whole ordeal.

I'd love to have some online friends to motivate and help motivate me.
  • HairDoctor07
    Options
    so my boss has rheumatoid arthritis and shes on some different injections...and she has a jacuzzi tub she soaks in the losen up her joins so she can exercise she was even saying her doctor can write a prescription to help pay for part of a hot tub if she wanted . so maybe if you joined a gym and rested you joints before you worked out or even in a warm water pool that would help alot im guessing! even calling around to the gyms im sure they could give ya some good tips:) good luck
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Hello I'm sorry i don't have these problems but i will support and listen in anyway i can i have learned different ways of eating healthy and hope to someday go back to school to help people with diet and nutrition. You can add me I hope you find that MFP is wonderful and supportive i know i do.
  • invisbeth
    Options
    Thanks for adding me.