Introducing myself

Options
Just wanted to say hello. I started this program today and I am hoping this journey will be helpful for me to lose weight. I have been battling being obese almost my entire life. I'm a 31 year old mother of 4 and I desperately need to lose weight. I have tried countless other ways to lose weight with the exception of surgery. I have no energy at all ever and I hate it!!! I want so badly just to feel comfortable to go out and play with my kids. Well if anyone has any helpful advice I am ALWAYS up for the encouraging words.

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou: you will :heart: it here!
  • SPQR4
    SPQR4 Posts: 11
    Options
    Great place !! Nice people, friendly, supportive and very easy site to use.
    I have just lost my 27th pound since March 23; couldn't have done it without the help of this website.
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    This is probably nothing new but for someone like yourself that has tried all the schemes, diets, etc. Probably the most important thing is understanding living and being healthy is a way of life, it is not something you can do a couple times a week for xx number of minutes.

Start making small changes and gradually incorporate more positive healthy changes into your life. Do not try to change everything at once, doing this you're only setting yourself up to fail. Most people have a hard time fixing one bad habit, trying to fix all of them at once is too much.

If you never have energy this can be due to a sedantry lifestyle and/or a lack of good carbs in your diet. Start with trying to balance your diet and cut back your caloric intake by 20% and start a light exercise program at least a few times a week. While your doing this read as much as you can on proper nutrition and healthy living to help you figure out your next step.

With all due respect to the diet fads they are for the most part just that, "fads". Sure they help people lose weight but generally do not help them keep it off as they are designed to help people lose weight and not to live healthy from day to day. If you can slowly transform your way of eating and add regular exercise you will see results that will last you your entire life. The initial results may not be as fast as a "fad" diet but the long-term maintenance is much easier.

Good luck on your journey.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Well, you came to the right place!! This is a great site and the people on it are very helpful and encouraging.

Welcome and best of luck! I know you can do this!! Just believe that you can. You are worth feeling great!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • mpolish
    mpolish Posts: 2
    Options
    i just started today as well my cousin and me are having a "super summer slimdown" and she told me about this site...its great and so simple ....one of those ...why didnt i think of it things!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mhtnurse
    mhtnurse Posts: 4
    Options
    I can feel for you. I am trying my best to lose weight so that I have more energy. This past winter was hard on me. I felt fat and had no energy. I need to feel better.
  • beautifulgirl
    beautifulgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just starting my own weight loss journey and i just wanted to wish you the best of luck on yours! :wink: