Bob Harper's DVD workouts

Options
What does everyone think about Bob Harper's DVD's? I recently purchased his Beginner's Workout DVD and LOVE it! Awesome calorie burn and it was a fun workout.....45 minutes flew by! There is alot of talk on the MFP boards about Jillian Michaels and for good reason....she rocks (huge fan and have followed 30DS, NMTZ, Killer Buns, Yoga Meltdown, etc)! But, I dont see much about Bob and, I have to admit, I get a better calorie burn from his Beginner DVD. I wasnt expecting that at all for some reason!

I plan to rotate both Jillian's and Bob's workouts in between gym visits, walking/jogging, and other exercise to keep things interesting.

If you have tried any of his DVD's, please share your experience and/or success! Thanks!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of Jillian's DVDs too, but have not tried Bob's. Thanks for the info - I have seen his workout DVDs and wondered how they are - maybe next time I see one at a good price I'll pick it up!
  • rcpayton
    Options
    I have a bunch of Jillian's DVDs too, but have not tried Bob's. Thanks for the info - I have seen his workout DVDs and wondered how they are - maybe next time I see one at a good price I'll pick it up!

I picked up the beginner one at Walmart for $9 but all of his DVD's are only $5 on his website. It really is a great workout and he is a great motivator! Good luck!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have 2 of his dvd's, The beginner one and Pure burn super strength. I though for some reason his beginner one would be easy, easier than JM's 30DS, but surprisingly it kicked my butt in a good way. I haven't checked the pure burn one out yet, kinda scared to after his beginner one lol.

I do enjoy the 45 min workout and if I don't have time for the full 45 then I do the 20min video he has as an option on the beginner dvd. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bob! :) Lovin Dolvett too and cant wait to see some stuff for him come out soon. I found a site that has most of the seasons of BL and I got to watch the 1st one... WOW was he SO different back then! I got a real kick out of it. Its on Hulu for 7.99 a month. :)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You can go to Bob's website or like his page on facebook. He sometimes run $5 specials on his DVDs. There was a special last week of $5 on all his workout DVDs

https://www.mytrainerbob.com/store/home.php
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have his Inside Out Method DVDs (Yoga for the Warrior, Pure Burn Super Strength and Body Rev Cardio Conditioning) and they are intense! I love them all - they have 1 hour workouts and 25 minute workouts on each DVD. I think the Yoga one is my favorite because it burns an insane amount of calories for yoga.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    You can go to Bob's website or like his page on facebook. He sometimes run $5 specials on his DVDs. There was a special last week of $5 on all his workout DVDs

https://www.mytrainerbob.com/store/home.php

Boo this deal is only available in the States lol. That's too bad for me.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I just finished the inside out strength dvd for the first time (I already have the yoga and the cardio). I was literally whimpering and cursing in my rec room. This proves he's a madman! I lost nearly 30 lbs in part because of Bob's dvd workouts and now that I'm back on track I know he can help me get down to my goal weight (along with my Jillian dvd).
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have his Inside Out Method DVDs (Yoga for the Warrior, Pure Burn Super Strength and Body Rev Cardio Conditioning) and they are intense! I love them all - they have 1 hour workouts and 25 minute workouts on each DVD. I think the Yoga one is my favorite because it burns an insane amount of calories for yoga.

Did the yoga today. Haven't done it in a while. I forgot how much work your shoulders have to do!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Did the yoga today. Haven't done it in a while. I forgot how much work your shoulders have to do!

Right?! I even go to yoga class at the gym three times a week but those shoulder presses make me curse every time! But I can do more now than when I first did the DVD.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Got his Beginner's Workout DVD from my library! Score! Only a 7 day checkout, but I'll be workin' with Bob all this week. :) Excited to try something new. And if I love it, I'll have to go buy it!
  • sunandstars2
    sunandstars2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i had been a huge promoter of jillian's 30 day shred for years, passing out copies to friends. recently realized i had done it to death, bored out of my mind with it, needed something new. my new fave is bob's beginner workout... LOVE it! knowing how hard bob is i opted for the beginner workout. it is TOUGH but do-able and fun. :) also got the yoga for the warrior, haven't tried it yet but looking forward to it. :)

11453934.png