What comes after Insanity?

Options
Hi all,

I am finishing up my first month of Insanity.. almost halfway through!
Just wondering if anyone has suggestions of what program to do next?

I'm thinking of doing Jillian Michaels' 6 week 6 pack but not sure it will be enough after Shaun T.
I'd like to do Insanity again but I think if I do it 2 rounds back to back I'll go, well.. insane :) so I think it would be good to do something else in between.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Thanks!

Replies

• runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm particularly partial to Chalene Johnson. I love Turbo Fire. It's a high intensity cardio kickboxing program that throws in HIITs (high intensity interval training drills). So much fun! I love it more than Insanity. There's a 12 wk and a 20 wk program.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm particularly partial to Chalene Johnson. I love Turbo Fire. It's a high intensity cardio kickboxing program that throws in HIITs (high intensity interval training drills). So much fun! I love it more than Insanity. There's a 12 wk and a 20 wk program.
    Turbo Fire seems really high energy, I think it would be a good follow up! I'm doing Chalean Extreme now (just did my first day today) and so far I like it. It might be a nice change for you since it's based more on strength training than cardio, and it seems quite a bit easier than Insanity so far!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Topic: What comes after Insanity?

Probably incarceration in a high security facility followed by some form of euthanasia, I would imagine.
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You could try

http://www.extremely-fit.com/
    As you would know this site has all of theother programs to offer, chalean sounds good but not as intense apparently.

http://www.extremely-fit.com/insanity-asylum.html?utm_source=Maximize+Insanity&utm_campaign=0fc57a6c66-Maximize_Insanity_Day_3&utm_medium=email

OOpsss the girls beat me
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Topic: What comes after Insanity?

Probably incarceration in a high security facility followed by some form of euthanasia, I would imagine.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    After Insanity comes Total Mental Meltdown and after that comes a Lifetime Pass to the Looney Bin....

I'm sorry, I'm tired and the rest of the forum topics are horrible tonight.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire would not be a good selection.
    I have TF and I found it's boring except the HIIT session, TF could not get my HR to stay up in the right zone.
    I'm doing insanity right now and it has the right pace for me.

I think P90X would be good for you so you can build more muscle mass.
    and of course you also can try Asylum.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions y'all! I will check them out. I am actually not that much of a beach body expert- my husband got Insanity off Craigslist so I just decided to give it a try without researching all that much.

Anyone try Turbo Jam? Is it way too low intensity-wise?

And all you funny peeps- ya i see how the post title can be tempting that way :) lol
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Shaun T has actually come out with a follow up to Insanity and it's called Insanity: The Asylum. I want it soooooo bad. I already have Insanity and love it (even though I can't really do it right now....health issues) and would love to have the follow up.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-next-level-asylum-workout.do
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at this. It's going to be released soon and looks amazing. www .youtube.com/watch?v=djC6-TnkiiA
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions y'all! I will check them out. I am actually not that much of a beach body expert- my husband got Insanity off Craigslist so I just decided to give it a try without researching all that much.

And all you funny peeps- ya i see how the post title can be tempting that way :) lol

Yes. Turbo JAM would be less intense....however Turbo FIRE would be a better fit. It follows HIIT style of working out...same as Insanity.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Asylum! Shawn T follow up

Good luck to you!
  • FitnActiveMom
    Options
    I'm an independent Beachbody coach and can tell you that after Insanity, if you want to continue to challenge yourself, Asylum, LesMills Pump, P90X, or P90X2.These workouts are no joke! Great job getting through Insanity. :happy:
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Um? Frontal lobotomy? LOL

But seriously, You could try Billy Blanks Tae Bo or his new PT24/7, not sure if this would be as intense since I haven't checked out Insanity yet. Adding both Insanity workouts to my list.
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Yes, I think if you've done Insanity... Turbo Jam would be too easy for you. Turbo Fire is more intense and whoever said that it's not high enough intensity - can't get their heart rate up --- you're not doing it right. You push yourself to the intensity that fits you. There's tons of plyometrics jumping and HIITs - good music and it's fast paced. Everyone I know that's tried it - that's the first thing that shocks them is how fast paced it is. They are routines -- so you have to pay attention to her prompts when she calls out the moves -- which I think is fun and takes my mind off the torture.
    Insanity I thought was more like a bootcamp, in which you do the same drills over and over again. TF - it's like intense kickbox dance routines. You can youtube clips of Turbo Fire and see if it's the right fit for you... there are MANY youtubes of it.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I will try Turbo Fire next!
    And beach body coaches... sorry I'm going to Craigslist it again. So y'all can stop messaging me!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)
  • AliRBailey
    Options
    I'm doing a hybrid of P90X and Brazilian Butt Lift. See if you can find BBL on Craigslist...it was made by the guy who trains many of the Victoria's Secret models. :) It's not a program you do by itself (not in my opinion, anyway), but it's a fun and super upbeat way to lift your "bum-bum" <---Brazialian for butt???

Have fun!! There's TONS to do after Insanity!

Alicia