Late night munchies

OMG here it is 11:30 pm and I have already submitted my diary and I have the munchies. What do you do when this happens to you?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    OMG here it is 11:30 pm and I have already submitted my diary and I have the munchies. What do you do when this happens to you?
    Go to sleep.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • its 10:35 here and i got suer hungry about an hr ago :( I eat dinner around 6 so itd been a couple hrs.. I made a bag of light butter popcorn.. Most nights i get hungry around 11.. i just ignore it and remind myself that i can have an amazing breakfast in the morning.
  • water. sleep.
  • lol well the best thing is to go to sleep... but if i do eat something its egg whites :) or protein ice cream
  • I had this problem about half an hour ago, but mostly because I was under my calorie goal for today. I was at work and didn't get much time to eat. I ended up having some fat-free popcorn and one of those Fiber One brownies (which are delicious btw). I feel bad for eating late at night but hopefully it won't make too much of a difference.

Anyway, you could either go to sleep, or eat a small healthy snack. If you're actually hungry, eat something small, but you might just be bored or thirsty. Drink some water and see what happens! It might help your cravings. Sometimes I just get a glass of milk and it helps a lot. :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    If you're under your calories, have a snack! Your body is hungry for a reason; don't deny it. The time you eat has nothing to do with gaining weight- it's calories in vs. calories out!
  • The same happens to me many nights. What about a cup of berries? It helps me when I eat them slowly. I Enjoy them as if they were one of my favorites, and I repeat to myself that I'm eating something sweet, delicious and healthy that won't make me feel horrible later on. I hope it helps.

Hang in there!
    :smile:
  • I KNOW THE FEELING! If I can, I try to drink something (water just doesn't cut if for me) about an hour after dinner. That helps cut down some of the monster hungers. Some light popcorn if I want salty stuff, or a frozen banana if I want sweet. Or the fat free jello pudding cups. I finally broke down and bought a box of weigh watcher 100 cal fudgesicles. Sort of hard to go to sleep if you're hungry - but if you're under your calories for the day, then eat a piece of fruit.
    I've been getting baskets of strawberries and raspberries - I can eat 1/3 of the container of the 2 fruits, mixed together, and still be way under 100 calories - although, I admit...the fudgesicles are a lot more fun!