girls strength training

I keep hearing from girls that they hate strength training because they're scared of bulking but then I also keep coming across pictures of girls that have kept with it and now have "toned" / lean bodies. This was a pic I found recently that convinced me strength training was the way I want to keep going. What's your take on it? Is she just too muscular for some people's liking?

100768110382088027_CaIGabT8_c1.jpg

Replies

• kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Not too muscular for me....but its going to take me some time to get anywhere near looking like that!

And no girl is going to "accidentally" bulk up...that's ridiculous! It takes a lot of time and dedication to bulk up...not a little strength training.
  • I love weight training and incorporating that in to my workouts. My husband is huge in to weight training and he motivates me to stay with it. I by no means look anything like this but I may certainly make this a goal :) Building that lean muscle aids in burning fat... seems to be a win-win. As long as you are healthy along the way to meet your goals I think you should continue. Getting in shape is not a wagon you can jump on and off of. It has to be a life change. Weight lifting can be both mentally and physically challenging and offers a form of stress relief for me personally. I would recommend it. I think this model looks beautiful.. whether she weight trains on her own or not. haha
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    You should seek out and friend Sunshine_88.
  • Girls who say that are just finding an excuse for avoiding the work. Strength training is fantastic! What they don't know is that girls bodies aren't built like guys. Our muscles don't "bulk" up like theirs do, you will get more toned, and most of it just depends on genetics, but there are VERY few girls who can end up with enough muscle for it to be gross. And even then, it's a matter of opinion, different guys are attracted to different levels of fitness. Plus keep in mind that our body fat percentage is much higher than men's, and this in itself will really mask that bulky look.

And by the way, she is flexing and has just been working those muscles for them to even show that much. That's the biggest she'll get.