Struggling to make time for myself

Options
My name is Laura and tomorrow is the first day of my lifestyle change. I've dieted off and on for most of my life. I'm ready to make a change for good, I have a two year old and a 3 month old so my main issue is time. I'm done with that excuse and I'm ready and willing to do whatever it takes to be healthy and confidant. I'm so excited to have come across this site! I would love some friends with advice on how to balance raising young children and making time for yourself.

Replies

• GC131618
    GC131618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same issue! I just found that as far as workouts go, Ten Minute Trainer program works best for me. Its just a matter of sticking to it and being lazy for me! But I feel great when I do it. It is quick and easy and can be done in the living room while the kiddos eat or take a nap.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, welcome! If you're interested, I put up a post about how I lost 40 pounds while raising several young children alone. It's called "weight loss with children." It's in the motivation and support forum. Good luck with your goals! I'll send you an add. :0)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Do you have an other half that can help you out? Start off with 20mins of an evening? I know by the end of the day you are exhausted but.....There is a post up on my personal trainers wall & it says

~You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it~ :smile:

I normally exercise when my little 1 has gone down for a nap or I ask my partner to watch her for 30mins in an evening so I can do something OR I just take her for a super dooper long walk in her pram.
  • kelliemackey36
    Options
    Good Luck Laura. Half an hour here and there all counts, I like the exercise tracker on here cos you can see how much you have done for your week etc and it is motivating.:happy:
  • katieklg
    katieklg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! I too have a hard time finding time for me. I have 3 kids and it's hard! I just started here and I too am looking for some motivating friends ... I'll send you an invite!
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    Hi Laura! I have two kids, 5 & 1, and I work full time. Finding the time is definetly hard. But even just 10 minutes here or there is good. Chasing and playing with the kids is definetly a work out of its own too!!

Good luck!