People at the end of their weight loss goals? With only 10-2

Options
First of all anyone can add me I welcome all friends, but I was wondering if there's a few more people out there at the end of their goals or with only 10-20 lbs to lose struggling with the last few pounds. It is hard to get motivated because I am already at a "healthy" weight but I am not happy now with just the extra pockets of fat that need to go.

I can't get away with eating anything extra anymore like I used to, I have to be way more strict and it is a struggle.

However there are people my weight going down to where I want to be so lets share info!

Replies

• lulucall911
    lulucall911 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I only have 5 kilos left to go all though that is just a rough estimate it will all depend on how my body looks as i get closer. It is a lot harder know plus a lot slower. Feel free to add me
  • aquapussy
    aquapussy Posts: 112
    Options
    Is that your pic in the avatar? You already look very svelte. For some reason I can't see your bio or anything, just curious what do you eat in a day?
  • coupongrandma
    Options
    First, let me say I'm very proud of you! It's so inspiring to see someone who is real and has lost that much weight. My sister lost 80 pounds over two years. She pretty much ate the same things; chicken, veggies and salads, nuts..

But she still wants to lose another 20 pounds and has started cutting out all dairy in her diet and changed her workout routine.
    Her trainer told her to add more fish, at least 3 times a week, and to vary her workout routine every other day. Not sure if it's going to be much help, but she is determined to get the last few pounds off. She is 50 and had been very overweight her whole life. you don't say how old you are, I believe that makes a difference in metabolism, too.
  • clau35
    clau35 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    This is when you must push yourself the most. I lost 170 pounds. I have reached my goal, I am at 160 now. I remember that at the end I was craving more and more; but I never lost my motivation to finally get where I suppose to be. I did permit myself with little things and add more cardio. It worked for me. Now, I felt strong enough to permit myself to eat something not that healthy. If you don't feel that you can cintroll yourself once you stop, u shouldn't even think of doing it.

What happens to me is if I don't take those little breaks, then all the sudden I found myself having an eating compulsive situation where I can't stoop all day and the next etc.
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    I'm down to my last 10 pounds and it is takes forever to just lose one pound. But thats okay to me. It'll eventually come off if its meant to. I stick to a 1200 calorie diet and am not going less than that. I love to eat :) But i've dropped from 187 to 133 and size 18 jeans to size 8. I'm pretty satisfied. If it happens, it happens!

Congratulations on your loss! I know its a tough rode to follow but mfp sure makes it easier to track food and exercise goals.
  • clau35
    clau35 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good idea. Fish is good protein, one of the best. Now, tell her to choose from salmon or tilapia. Those two are the one with less fat. Changin work out routine is great. There is something called shock your body. This means that when u r doing everyday almost the same, your body get used to and does not burn much calories anymore. So maybe she could 20 on stairs master, 20 trail mil, and 20 elipticle. The next day start opposite and etc.
  • aquapussy
    Options
    Yea that is advice I give but don't follow, lol. I need to change up my workouts I think. I snowboard jog and lift weights mostly but I need to get more cycling in there, was thinking of trying spin classes, or trying some kind of class.

I already eat very little dairy except for about an oz or 2 of cheese a day and plain or light yogourt, never drink milk. I don't like to drink my calories.

It's not like I am out eating pizza, I just eat like one snack more than I should, like one handful of something. I am still way below where it says I should be for losing weight but it is not coming off, so I assume I have to go low on the carbs again. I have been up to around 100-150g of carbs from 50-70g. The reason is I do really long workouts and I need it for weights and distance cardio.

Its a tough balance. Feel like passing out during workouts and starve at night to lose the pounds now really.

I am 32 and 5'8 1/2" ftr.
  • sofy993
    sofy993 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same thing happend to mee !!
    But actually need to lose 32 pounds ( 16 kig )
    Two years ago i started to do a diet .. It's not as diet like eat one meal a day or anything >> i start eating less and doing exercises like walking and riding bicycle and i lose like 15 pounds then i stopped doing the exercises because of studying and i gained the pounds that i lost back :( !! I think all what i need is some support and it's all about me !
    Now this time i really need to lose 32 pounds because as i saw many people lost more than 100 pounds ! And i need only 32 and i can't do it ! Shame on mee !!!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I've lost about 80 with 10-20lb to go, but I believe the fat loss + muscle gain will mean maintaining. At this point work may I suggest on maintaining for a while. I was told (now talking in kg ... 100kg = 220lb) by my Doctor a healthy weight should be 90kg but my goal (set by me) was 99kg. I have maintained this weight since November, getting down to 97 even 96kg just before Christmas (leaving a margin for indulgence). Since November, my body is getting into better shape (not so round any more lol).

[edit] - I will add too that the extra skin from this much weight loss will take prob a few years to go shrink back.

Personally, when I went below my goal weight, I felt run down. Increasing my calorie intake made the energy return.

Well done on getting where you are now, use the tape measure and before / after photos from here on in and you will be very happy with the results.

All the best !
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm already your friend but I have the last 15 pounds to go and it is hard! Your body doesn't really want to give it up.

You're an inspiration and i wish I could go snowboarding with you!
  • aquapussy
    Options
    I've lost about 80 with 10-20lb to go, but I believe the fat loss + muscle gain will mean maintaining. At this point work may I suggest on maintaining for a while. I was told (now talking in kg ... 100kg = 220lb) by my Doctor a healthy weight should be 90kg but my goal (set by me) was 99kg. I have maintained this weight since November, getting down to 97 even 96kg just before Christmas (leaving a margin for indulgence). Since November, my body is getting into better shape (not so round any more lol).

[edit] - I will add too that the extra skin from this much weight loss will take prob a few years to go shrink back.

Personally, when I went below my goal weight, I felt run down. Increasing my calorie intake made the energy return.

Well done on getting where you are now, use the tape measure and before / after photos from here on in and you will be very happy with the results.

All the best !

Well I have been unintentionally maintaining for the last month, lol. I know I should not focus so much on numbers but I want to get some of the extra fat pockets down (namely my rear end, haha). I have a bit of jigglyness but not really any excess skin.
    I'm already your friend but I have the last 15 pounds to go and it is hard! Your body doesn't really want to give it up.

You're an inspiration and i wish I could go snowboarding with you!

Aww thanks that makes me feel great! Well if you ever get up to BC during winter I'll show ya round the mountain! :)
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I am 10 pounds from my goal and its hard to control what I eat. I feel like I can so far and look so much better, but then I feel self conscious about the extra weight I still have to lose. I am growing weary of it all.
  • aquapussy
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I am 10 pounds from my goal and its hard to control what I eat. I feel like I can so far and look so much better, but then I feel self conscious about the extra weight I still have to lose. I am growing weary of it all.

Well there comes a point where you have to figure out if you really need to lose those pounds I guess. There is a line between just having low self-esteem and really needing to lose weight. Maybe your goal weight is too low? You would have a hard time maintaining it. I think you look great and you should probably look at gaining self esteem instead of losing weight, just my 2c.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I fluctuate - have about 3 pounds to hit my definite goal but have come to a comfort area with the whole thing. I'm happy being either 5 over but no more than 3 under. I just keep my goal weight in sight.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I remember losing 5 lbs per week easy starting out, but my final 20 were tough, tough, tough.

I was shooting for 199 - One-Derland!
    It took 6 months - 211 was a wall I just could not break, and finally BOOM!
    It felt great to reach that goal - THANKSGIVING DAY 2011.

Now, I am 195 - losing about 1 half lb per week.
    I am THRILLED with that progress. It does not even seem like a diet - 3300 calories per day.

My new goal is 185lbs, and I am content to just let it happen.

All Is Possible!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm about 7lbs away from my goal weight - and I have to fight hard to lose now. I'm 5'9'' and 162lbs.

I think we might be similar ... I'm from BC (and love snowboarding), too!

I'm shaking up my exercise routine and and trying to build muscle. I might start focusing more on inches than pounds.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in that boat. I had lost 5 but gained it all back due to binging. (I'm currently 135) I have 8lbs I want to lose in general and it's hard when some days I feel good about myself and don't feel like dieting (but I always work out 6 days a week) and then there's other days when I wanna lose weight and watch what I consume. I think it's harder when you don't NEED to lose weight because of health reasons and just wanna look a little better naked. ;)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm there, except that it's the 15 pounds I regained after losing 100. It is hard towards the end though.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have 20 lbs left more or less as I will see how I feel when I get to my goal weight. Right now yes it does take forever to lose a pound but I just keep chugging along watching everything I eat and go to the gym. I sorta went into maintenance over the holidays but I did manage to lose 2 lbs. I went to carb cycling for a while to change up my routine so my body would kick back into losing mode. For the last month I havent really been doing that so I need to get back to it.
    Add me if you would like as one can never have too many friend or too much motivation and support!!

Good luck!!