50 pounds lost in 2011...now for that last 10 in 2012!! :o)

Options
I've lost 50 pounds (192 to 142...only 10 more to go!) and 5 dress sizes (16 to 6...only one more to go!) since July 26, 2011!! I changed a lot of things starting that day (the day my niece said my butt was big! A fact that I knew but never wanted to hear!!)...I went on the 17 Day Diet (which actually is just a healthy way of eating, not really a diet and it lasts 51 days ...which I've repeated 3 times). I started going to the gym regularly (when before it was just whenever I felt like it)...went from going 2-3 times/wk for 60-90 minutes to now going 4-5 times/wk for 2-3 hours (I vary my workouts to include any variation of: running, elliptical, spinning, aerobics classes, strength classes)!! And I play tennis or ride my bike the days I don't go to the gym (before July I didn't do anything on the other days). And I walk my dog, Bella, 1.5 miles almost every day (before July I walked her 1 mile, 3 times/wk at most). I also joined My Fitness Pal. At first I joined just to keep up with my calories burned during exercise but now I log calories eaten/burned and know exactly how much I will lose every week! And seeing so many other people losing weight and being successful is encouraging as well. And then there's running...well, I signed up last May to run a half marathon with my sister-in-law that takes place at Walt Disney World next month. I started out in July with running 3 minutes/walking 1 minute and repeating as many times as I could (which at the time I think was twice!) Every week I would increase the run time/decrease walk time (which I guess would be the C25K program...I just didn't know about it back then!) And now I can run 6 miles continuously in 60 minutes! Although I usually just run 2-4 miles twice/wk and another 5-6 miles once/wk. I try to burn 5,000 calories/wk (an MFP challenge I've completed since September) and not eat tons of sweets (and NO fast food!) I now average a weight loss of about 1-2 pounds/wk (the first 4 months I was losing 2-4 lbs/wk). That's one of the disadvantages of losing weight...it takes a LOT more energy to keep losing it...I wish I could still burn 1000 calories/hr!! Sorry this was long...I really just wanted to say that I hope everyone has a very successful 2012!! :o)

Replies

• kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations.. :)
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that my progress picture is 192lb. to 152lb (same size dress...apparently it is very stretchy!) And, I'd love to add some new friends! Especially those that have that last 10-15 pounds to lose. Thanks! :o)
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations.. :)

Thanks! :smile:
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You look great. That dress just falls off you and it looks like your feet have shrunk, too.
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing job!
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    You look great. That dress just falls off you and it looks like your feet have shrunk, too.

Thanks! I didn't even notice my feet...nice! :)
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! It sounds like a victory well earned!! :bigsmile:

You sound super fit, too!! You're awesome! :wink:
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    FINALLY SOMEONE who really looks good and you can see they lost it.... EXCELLANT WORK....
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    Congratulations!! It sounds like a victory well earned!! :bigsmile:

You sound super fit, too!! You're awesome! :wink:

Thank you! :)
  • baptistgirl23
    Options
    FINALLY SOMEONE who really looks good and you can see they lost it.... EXCELLANT WORK....

Thanks! :happy:
  • melodymist
    melodymist Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!