Precor 521 elliptical

Options
Does anyone own one of these or had experience with Precor?

Replies

• catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I bought a used Precor Elliptical EFX 5.21i about 2 years ago and LOVE it. My kids climb all over it, and it's sturdy as heck. IIt's never given me a bit of trouble. I stream and watch Netflix while I workout.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Precor are a premier brand in the fitness industry, their products have a reputation for high quality.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm about to buy a Nordic trac E12 it has the option of changing the incline. The control panel is interesting with plenty of programs.
    There is wifi and you can you a smart card to connect to the internet and log and plan your walks and monitor your fitness.
    Gillian Michaels is available to train you too, for a large fee you see her picture and hear her voice lol.

We Probably don't need extra gadgets at first but I don't want to be in the position where I wished I had bought the later model. There is three of us in the household paying a third towards the cost so that really helps with the decision.

Good luck with choosing yours, it's taken me a week so far and now I feel I should check out Precor.
    :wink:
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I use the Precors at the gym and love them, not sure what model though. Precor is a great brand and in most gyms, so they are made for a lot of use!
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I paid $800 for mine when it was 2 years old. I LOVE it. It's never given me a bit of problems. They have many, many Precor at the YMCA too (that's why I picked the brand).

I have noticed, however, when I use it a lot I lose flexibility, so make sure you do other types of exercise and stretch too. It trains the front and back of your legs very well, but I lose side-to-side strength and flexiblity if I don't do other things.

It's amazing to put in an hour workout watching netflix and not feel anything.