5'3 people! What is your UGW?

Options

Replies

• milah1
    milah1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say 125 because that is well within the healthy weight range but I think I would look best around 120 lbs.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    126 lbs is my goal wight
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    My first goal is 140lbs (from 183), but I'm not sure exactly what weight I'll *finish* on.... I have med-large frame and look ill at anything under 9st (126lbs). 140lbs is the top limit for my healthy BMI so I guess somewhere between 9 and 10stone.

This time around though I want to look fit and toned. Last time I was this weight I lost it by working very hard on my feet all day and not eating much due to the job! Now I'd like to be strong and healthy rather than just slim :wink:

Edit: I'm pretty sure the U stands for Ultimate.
    Same I want to be fit and slim too :smile:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I put 145 as my UGW when I started because it was half of my body size. I think I'm suppose to be in the range of 120-141. But I will see how I feel when I get there! That UGW is always adjustable but looking at 145 to lose is my big big goal. I'm also in the older crowd (57) and I dont have a petit frame. Also, same height as you.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    63 would be great
  • nickykf201
    nickykf201 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    mine is 126 or 9 stone in old money... lol
    x
  • knato3
    knato3 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ideally 113pounds or 51kg

My Body Fat is currently 15% and I crept up to 53kg in December. Working to shake it back down to where I'm comfortable
  • Lashes1986
    Lashes1986 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 118lbs. But like a couple of other people the weight I have lost already doesnt physically look thatich and I only have 10-12lbs to go so shall wait til I get there and see how I look/feel :) Good luck with u weight loss
    :) x
  • Busybusybee
    Busybusybee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    124lb is my personal goal weight - I have been as low as 114lb in my 20s and 30s, but I'd look unwell if I was at that weight now, being somewhat more mature! My clothes fit me well and I have plenty of energy at that level.

I'm currently 127.5 after the holidays, so back on MFP to shift those few lbs again.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    this is maybe making me evaluate my original goal weight.. i started off at wanting to be 120, then 110 but now i'm aiming for 105 because then i can stay between 110 and 105, which is still healthy in my bmi so it should be okay. but again i'm gonna see what i'm like when i get there.

i want to have a nice flat stomach :)
  • Boring2Fit
    Options
    I'm almost 5'4 and my goal weight is 53kg (117 pounds). I have a large frame and aim to build muscle so I don't want to go lower.
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    well i'm 5'4" and mygoal weight used to be 119 but ive since changed my mind and actually just want to get to 124, I know it's only 5lbs difference, but at that weight, it's actually about 5% of my body weight. (i think, maths is not my strong point) anyway, i got down to 125 last summer and looking back at photos of me from them and comparing them to now (im at 130/131) I would be so much happier at that size!
  • letsdothis84
    letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i would like to be 115-120lbs!
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135-140...I've got the child bearing hips and don't think I'm meant to be skinny skinny like some people are
  • mjstallworth
    mjstallworth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135-140...I've got the child bearing hips and don't think I'm meant to be skinny skinny like some people are

Me too! Although I have a small frame, my hips seem to indicate that I won't look well below about 135 or so. Will re-evaluate once I get there, though. Long way till then, however! LOL
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Me too! Although I have a small frame, my hips seem to indicate that I won't look well below about 135 or so. Will re-evaluate once I get there, though. Long way till then, however! LOL

Yea I hear ya...still have 50 lbs to go...so we'll go from there when I get there lol
  • MLAnniRoc
    Options
    Ideally, 145. And I'm 5'1.
    I have an hourglass figure and I remember being happy with my proportions when I was that weight before.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm barely 5'3", and my UGW is between 120-125. I would like to get back into a size 4, like I was when I finished college 7 years ago. Currently 138, so I have about 15 pounds to go! At my thinnest, I was 108...but back then, I had NO curves and was way too thin. I would like to keep some of my hips and bust, and just lose the gut in between. ;)
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is to be around 145 , when I was 175 I was a size 8. So I don't think I will look good in anything under that but hey nothing is permanent it all depends on how I feel when I reach my goal.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I cannot imagine being 125. I have not been under 200 since high school or junior high. I am currently about 275 and my goal weight is 175. That may still be high for some of you, but I think it is more realistic for me. If I get there, my goal may change, but for now, that is what I am shooting for.