30day shred with bad knees?

Options
OK so i'm dying to give the 30 day shred ago but,!!!
I have really bad knees and hate doing squats with my knees due to the horrible grinding noise :/ will doing this workout make things worse or build muscle up around the knee joint which my physio has said for me to try and do?
cheers karla

Replies

• kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you talk to your physio about it and discuss the exercises, or at least discuss what you should look for to let you know if particular exercises are bad for you as you're doing them. I have touchy knees and I have to modify a lot of the moves (eg: I do step-touches instead of jumping moves). I still get a decent workout out of it, just not as much as someone who does all the jumping around.
  • xkarlax
    xkarlax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    what kind of exercises am i expected to do in the workout? its mainly just the squats and lunges i find a bit grindy!!.. lol thanks for the reply
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    what kind of exercises am i expected to do in the workout? its mainly just the squats and lunges i find a bit grindy!!.. lol thanks for the reply

Do a search on youtube.....I did as I wanted to know what was involved....But with my knees I'm not going to even try.......
  • xkarlax
    xkarlax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ok will do that! if it looks to bad on the knees wont attempt it, will just stick to shaun t hip hop abs which im finding great, a week done and love it. thank you
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    not sure of your weight but if you not really heavy it should be ok my knees were like that when i first done it and i was like 300lbs! so BIG!
    and i managed to do it ok and the more you do it the better they get x
    good luck
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees too but no problems with the workout yet (Ripped in 30) which includes a lot of squats etc BUT I don't know why squats work for me, walking up the stairs is sometimes no fun for me so I don't know. I would look at the videos on youtube too and try some of the moves and if you can feel like it is ok for you, you can go for it. But it definitely doesn't go light on your knees and if you go to physio I would definitely talk to them first if you might do any harm to your knees with a workout like that.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone Walk Slim. It is low impact and has worked great for me. I started off with 30 day shred and I may go back to it sometime, but I really find that walk slim is something I stick to.
  • MattieJean21
    Options
    I have bad knees too. I started doing yoga a year ago and that kind of helped because it made the muscles around the knee stronger. I am on day 6 of the shred and my knees don't hurt at all. Probably because I don't get very deep into the squats.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of squats and lunges, and also lots of plyo moves (plank jacks, etc.) The lunges are what really get me, so I feel your pain!