New...Love this site!

Options
Hi I'm new. I've been here 3 days and I just want to say how amazing this site is! I love being able to track anything I eat and enter in specific exercise and then the site does all the calculations for me! And the best part, it's free!!! Wow! . :happy:

I had joined Jillian Michael's site also on Monday I'm disappointed with the functionality of her online program. This site is head and shoulders above hers as far as tracking calories and exercise. The one good thing about her site is that she has great recipes and great information.

I'm 39, married with 2 kids and work full time. I live in Southern California. I exercise on my lunch breaks (we have a gym in our office complex). I need to lose 106 lbs. Yikes! I have slightly high blood pressure and I can't wait to lose weight so I can get it under control and stop taking medication.

Any words of encouragement would be much appreciated. Have a great evening everyone!

Replies

• justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I never thought I would be able to lose weight and thanks to MFP, I am only 6lbs away from my goal. I am wearing stuff I haven't been able to wear since I was single!! (I'm almost 39, married with two kids)

Just know you will have rough spots and bad days but get back on it and you WILL get it done!
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi KKDavis! Glad you are here. :flowerforyou:
    You're right. This site is really cool! I am new, also. I did the same thing with following the site, postings, using the tools, etc. before I joined as well. It is so inspiring and motivating to see that everyone here is out for the same things. No judging. Real people, real support, and very honest. I am encouraged by a new group of friends. I hope you enjoy it just as much!! Good luck with your goals and congratulations on your new beginning!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Welcome! As far as I am concerned, you have chosen the best site around to reach your goal. Don't get discouraged. I used to think that losing 100 lbs. was a hopeless case and only happened to people on tv, not to average folks with not a lot of money or time. However, with the help of this site and my midwest stubborn streak, I am well on my way to proving that it can be done! Wishing you many happy healthy days to come - Mary
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site. Good luck.:smile:
  • kkdavis
    kkdavis Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome! As far as I am concerned, you have chosen the best site around to reach your goal. Don't get discouraged. I used to think that losing 100 lbs. was a hopeless case and only happened to people on tv, not to average folks with not a lot of money or time. However, with the help of this site and my midwest stubborn streak, I am well on my way to proving that it can be done! Wishing you many happy healthy days to come - Mary

Thanks, msh0530! It's very inspiring to see another person who is almost half-way through a similar journey to mine. Thanks for the encouragement and motivation!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    And thank you for the encouragement! After four months of hard work, it feels good to have made it to the point that someone somewhere thinks that I am an inspiration! If you have questions or need a boost, call on me - Mary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: