Can I see some of your menus?

Options
I'm PMSing (sorry for the TMI) and I feel so bloated. I want to stay motivated and not break my diet, andI was wondering if someone can post a sample of what they eat in the day, just to see if I'm on the right track...it's difficult for me not to under eat as well as over eat. Thanks so much!

Replies

• TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    B - special K satisfaction w/ 1/4 cup milk

L - bagel w/ 2tbsp cream cheese,
    1/2 cup chocolate milk
    a banana

D - 2/3 cup (measured raw) whole wheat pasta, with 1/2 cup v8 juice, and 1/3 cup cheese.
    1 cup frozen veggies (i eat them frozen to, lol)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    apple

Snacks - orange cup
    100 cal mini oreo ice cream

total cals: 1,313
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi Tara!
    I love the TMI, good to see someone else put it out there too :-)
    (i've been dealing with a couple of overly-sensitive types on facebook the past couple days/ugh/if you don't want the normal, everyday, dirty facts of life, don't chat on the common facebook wall, gimme a break)

Anyway, it's all about you for the moment.
    I pms baaaaaaad and crave chocolate. I allow myself an itty bitty piece, but then I munch on handfuls of mini-carrots. Carrots are just sweet enough to cure my tooth and fill my tummy so my stupid pea brain thinks it's full of naughtybits.
    ha ha
    ♥Karen
  • IUChelle423
    IUChelle423 Posts: 197
    Options
    Some ideas:
    B - yogurt w/ blueberries & a little granola (1/4 c or less) - 257 cal
    Snack - piece of fruit
    L - Subway chicken sandwich or veggie patty or low cal burrito or leftovers
    Snack - carrots
    Dinner -wheat pasta w/ ground turkey & marinara sauce + veggies (if you grate them in the blender, you can add them to the sauce without really changing the taste) or soup/salad or chicken w/ veggies or meatball muffins (thanks Tam!)
    Snack - treat (piece of chocolate or Jello or strawberries w/ whip cream)
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    I love that Falcon! I may have to try your method. Mine is less healthy, but when I need sweets I get into the sugar free popcicles! mmmm.......sweet, crunchy and I can have a second without a lot of guilt, when needed. :happy:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    B---oatmeal, applesauce, banana

snack---sliced apple

L--(my big meal) 4-5 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, salad (tomato, spinach, cucumber, radish, onion, peppers), 2-3 serving of fresh or frozen broccoli or spinach or green beans or cauliflower or yellow squash or zucchini

snack----wasa cracker with hummus

D--Isagenix protein shake

snack---Kashi cereal with soy milk or non fat yogurt
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Breakfast : 3 egg whites, 3oz lean steak

Mid morning snack: 3 oz chicken 1 cup greens (any type)

Lunch: 1 cup greens, 3oz chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice

Snack: Same as above snack

Dinner: Salmon, 1 Cup Greens, 1/2 cup Brown Rice

Pm snack: 1/2 cup Fruit and 3oz chicken
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    If you're bloated, try adding a few drops of lemon juice to your water. This is something I totally swear by. It will make you pee within about 20 minutes, so be sure you're withing range of a bathroom. It helps relieve some of the pressure and will make you at least more comfortable.

As for my menu for today...

B: Kashi Honey Sunshine with blueberries and skim milk; coffee with Purvia and cream

MS: strawberries, kiwi and blackberries; light string cheese

L: usually leftovers... today was rotini with vegetables and a blue cheese sauce

AS: banana, yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal

D: peanut noodles with tofu

Total of 1331 calories