Thinking of giving 30 day shred a go- any thoughts?

Options
im really feeling the jan blues and my tummy is so bloated today due to time of the month so need to do something about this! weight is fluctuating a lot the last few days today being higher despite having worked hard this week so not sure what is going on... i have a work dance on 17th of feb and would love to go and feel confident so need to do something about this now!

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Replies

• Hopingforchange
    Options
    Go for it. Its tough, but its a quick workout. I put my headphones on so I dont have to listen to the talking, plus I find it keeps me moving more. I have def. seen a change in my waist, hips, etc.
    I have only lost 5 pounds so far, but I only need to lose about 15 total and being over 40 its harder to lose the weight. I also walk or run on my lunch breaks.
  • hipslikecinders
    hipslikecinders Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would def give 30DS a go, I'm on day 2 and it gives you such a good workout and you only do 20mins a day so really easy to keep up. It's only £5 on amazon x
  • letsdothis84
    letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do you do any additional workouts with the 30 day shred? currently i walk 25 mins to and from work daily and go to the gym 3-5 times a week to do running and body pump ( getting back into my routine) but everyone is raving about this 20min workout so thought i would give it a bash.

I find as soon as i stop doing exercise that my body just becomes bloated and the lbs creep on so quickly. I have been a bit lazy over last few weeks with xmas and having had to study for my exam but back to work tomorrow and want to get back into it.

Thanks, :)
  • toniandrws
    toniandrws Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about adding this to my workout also, currently doing elliptcal and walking. The only concern I have is my right shoulder, I have tendonitis. Is the workout hard on the shoulder area? Thanks.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yep. Do it! It's a good solid grounding in exercise.

I started out doing 30DS maybe 6 months ago from doing zero exercise. Completed that and went on to P90x which I completed in December. Now I'm working out heavy in the gym on my own program. Each stage helped me figure out what kind of exercise I like and what works best for me, but 30DS was where it all started and includes good bits of cardio, upper and lower body strength training and core work.

I'd say go for it! One tip I'd give you is when you feel really sore for the first 3 days, don't stop, push through it. Take my word for it, it gets better from day 4 onwards. Also, forget the scale for the first week or so as it's not reliable. It will start coming down but you may stay the same or even gain for a short while before it goes the way you want.

Hope that helps.

Jay