Iced Green Tea?

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm been trying to make my own version of iced/chilled green tea without much luck and wondered if anyone had a good way of making it?

I used to buy bottled green tea from a supermarket in the UK but they have since stopped selling it so trying to make my own alternate version.

Any ideas or help would be awesome! :)

Replies

• ttulio
    ttulio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use loose leaf green tea from Adagio Teas (adagio.com), but Harney has good tea too. I brew it as normal hot tea, but I find it to be too strong for iced. I add equal amounts of cold water and brewed tea, and Truvia to taste for sweetness. I've used plain green tea, but my favorite iced is the citron green, which has lemon and lime flavor.
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Since I only drink one large glass each morning for the caffeine benefit I microwave a mug of water, throw a green teabag in it and put it in the freezer. An hour later you have iced green tea. I drink it unsweetened, too. I've actually grown to like the taste of it that way.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    http://www.shangtea.com/

I visited this place in Kansas, they sell reasonably priced loose leaf teas that last quite some time, and come with brewing directions, add ice
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Start with good green tea. That makes all the difference. I'm in the US so not sure what you can get but think that PG Tips makes a green that you like can find. Bring water to almost boil (need about 175 F if you have thermometer); steep only 1-2 minutes and don't squeeze out the tea bag. If you use twice as much tea as usual then just poor the hot over ice and enjoy. I'm not a huge fan of green so I sometimes sneak in some sugar free flavoring or sucralose to make it a bit more appealing.
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK, i know that EAT do an Iced Green Tea. Haven't tried it myself.

They might have the ingredients of their website under the nutrition section??
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    Thanks for the help so far guys! I knew i was doing something wrong!

Brunette_ Babe : Never heard of EAT. Tried google but i seem to be getting American websites? Do you have a link at all? :)
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hmm strange. They are usually in city centres i think or at big shopping centres

There are loads in London and i know there are some in Birmingham so i would assume they must be nation wide..

http://www.eat.co.uk/pages/food.html

Hope that helps :o)