Help for my Fiancee' please

Options
Hello,

I have just started using MFP and it has been simply brilliant. Apart from keeping my goals constantly in front of me, it is also educating me on all things diet. In fact, 8 members of my family have all started with MFP and everyone is showing signs of success. But it is early days ;)

This community has already been a fantastic help. I have never been on a diet to lose weight before. As you can tell by my title, I am about to get married later this year so my partner and I have committed to getting fit and healthy- and losing a few pounds.

I used to be a professional sportsman. So, I have an understanding of what my body needs to perform but this is very different. I was burning thousands of calories a day and ate well, but ate a lot. Because I had to.

My girlfriend is also extremely sporty. We have both established our weight goals and have them in the MFP Ap that we religiously follow. We got to be a little overweight by eating out a lot (we love food, it's our great passion) but we have gone from eating out to Fruit + Veg + lean cuts. And we feel great.

However, my partner in particular, loves to exercise. So she is only just getting to her 1200 calorie level through eating great food but she is sometimes burning 700-1000 of those calories every day. She can't really eat any more but we are both worried because her Net Calories are often very low. Her only option is to eat worse food and get more calories into her or ease off exercise.

My question is- if she is getting her 1200 calories with great food and all her Vitamin levels are fantastic, is that enough for her body to stay healthy even if she burns a lot of it off? Her typical day would be

Goal- 1200
Food- 1350
Exercise- 1000
Net- 350

Any advice would be great because if I didn't have the AP I would be thinking she was doing a great job but the figures worry me.

You have such a great community here.

Thanks.

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    my two cents, and i am by no means a PT or dietician, she could eat more good food if you're both worried it doesn't have to be bad as you mentioned? i dont think the figures look that bad to me unless you can see a decline in health like skin, hair and nails?
  • mightn
    mightn Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks guys. Just read the threads in the Newbie section and my questions have been answered 1000 fold. ;)