Logging 30 Day Shred

Options
I did my first day of the 30 Day Shred program today (yay me!). I'm a little confused about how to log it here on MFP. I put it in under calisthentics, but didn't know if that was quite right. How does everybody else log it?

Replies

• tarmstrong916
    Options
    Good question...I just did the same thing...wasn't sure how to record!!!
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    same here - any idea how to log the exercise calories for this? is there a formula we can plug in our weight to see how much this would burn?
  • cazyll
    cazyll Posts: 184
    Options
    I just did my first try of 30 day shred and was looking for the same answer when I came across this. I hope someone comes by soon with answer.
  • cazyll
    cazyll Posts: 184
    Options
    I found an answer. Someone else said to log it as circuit training if you don't have hrm.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Log 30DS as Circuit training, general for the amount of time the dvd is. This is about the most accurate if ya don't have a heart rate monitor. The wife and I did 30ds together last summer. Great workout. Getting through the first 5 days is the most difficult, good luck!!!!
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    Circuit Training :D
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    snap circuit training!!! lol
  • trud72
    Options
    I did my first day of the 30 Day Shred program today (yay me!). I'm a little confused about how to log it here on MFP. I put it in under calisthentics, but didn't know if that was quite right. How does everybody else log it?

oh by the way waqy to go on doing 30 d/s you WILL ache tomorrow but keep it going it really helps the aching!
  • Doomsprout
    Options
    I googled it and the closest I could find was roughly 250 calories for the 20 minutes, so that's how I log it. I'm not too terribly concerned if that's perfectly accurate or not for my purposes.
  • Doomsprout
    Options
    oh by the way waqy to go on doing 30 d/s you WILL ache tomorrow but keep it going it really helps the aching!

Yesterday was my second day and was definitely a little sore! I'm excited to see if my endurance really improves like she says it will in the video, hehe. I haven't been able to do the entire 20 minutes yet without stopping :(
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of 30DS and I have to agree that the first 4-5 days are the toughest because you will hurt in places you didn't know existed, but stick with it and it will get easier!!! I also log it in as circuit training.

P.S. If you have a pilates or yoga video that has stretching I highly recommend it! Stretching is the key to being less sore the next day. Good luck!!!
  • trud72
    Options

Yesterday was my second day and was definitely a little sore! I'm excited to see if my endurance really improves like she says it will in the video, hehe. I haven't been able to do the entire 20 minutes yet without stopping :(

You will by the day 10 i was finding it quite easy acually! and that was a while ago so i was a BIG girl lol....
  • ChangingMindSets
    Options
    Thanks all!!