Can This Be True??

Options
Okay so Im in my 2nd week of MFP..and I've lost 10.6 lbs to date. While I understand this could be alot of water weight it certainly is exciting. My question is ...sometimes it feels like it is tooo easy!! Has anyone else felt that way???

Replies

• sportsmomof2
    Options
    Okay so Im in my 2nd week of MFP..and I've lost 10.6 lbs to date. While I understand this could be alot of water weight it certainly is exciting. My question is ...sometimes it feels like it is tooo easy!! Has anyone else felt that way???
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I have been too as long as I stick to the right amount of food and a bit of exercise. I drop the lbs fast during the week until the weekend where there's junk around at my parents hahaha But it is easy at this point for me as well. I am scared of the plateau point, I really hope I can stick to it then! :laugh:
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    Heck no. Go with the flow girl. If your loosing that much weight then you must be doing something right.
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    yes it definitely feels too easy sometimes, or too good to be true!! my schedule hasn't allowed me to get a workout in for the past 4 days, but I've still lost another 2 pounds this week!! so weird!! it also makes me wonder why I didn't take care of this a long time ago!! oh well...no point in dwelling on the what if's.

congratulations on your weight loss...keep up the great work!!!
    ~Pam
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    May I ask you what you eat during a whole day / drink typically - I'd like to know how to lose 10Ilbs in two weeks!!!!

• sportsmomof2
    Options
    Here is the deal...I was a horrible eater..Im in sales so I am constantly in convenience stores, grocery stores, restaurants, and Im in a car all day long! So I quit eating fast food. Not one bite. I began packing my lunch. Calculating everything I eat. I have a small notebook when the computer isnt close. I typically drink one glass of Skim milk in the morning, Water all day and in the afternoon a little green tea.

Nothing special..just being accountable. Oh and I make sure I park along way from my accounts front door..Makes me walk it!

See why I said it feels too easy!

:happy:

Have a great day all..and good luck to each and every one of you!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS...
    I wouldn't worry about the rapid weight loss... It's your body's way of saying thank you :happy:
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been losing weight sloooooowwwwwwly (40 pounds in almost two years) for a while now. Sometimes it does seem too easy. Other times, I scratch my head and think "Huh? That shouldn't be!" Enjoy the easy times. And don't give up when the "huh?" times come!
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you're making a drastic change in your diet, and you have more than say 20 pounds to lose, it is likely that the first few weeks it will just "fall" off you. That's because of the drastic difference in caloric intake. After a few weeks, it will level off. So, if by the 4th or 5th week, you only lose 1 - 3 lbs, then don't get discouraged!
    It won't always be as easy (especially not the last 10), but if you're following it that closely, then yes, it's okay to have it come off like that.

Congrats! Often those first few weeks of rapid weight loss are a great motivator to stick to it in the long term! :)
  • wobblybum
    wobblybum Posts: 21
    Options
    Good for you - like the others say, it happens when there is a big change in diet and can't agree more - don't get discouraged when it slows down!!! Keep it up
  • cutienikkiilynn
    Options
    Yeah i felt it was really easy to lose weight at first, but it has gotten harder for me recently since my body is becoming more use to the exercises that I have been doing. Hopefully it stays easy and somewhat fun for you.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh yes the first two weeks I lost almost 6 lbs....which I thought was great! but now its evened off...and I'm losing about a pound a week...which I'm still happy w/! I think enjoy it and don't give up and very good lifestyle change girl!!!!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    oh yes the first two weeks I lost almost 6 lbs....which I thought was great! but now its evened off...and I'm losing about a pound a week...which I'm still happy w/!

I have had almost EXACTLY the same results. 3 lbs/week for the first 3-4 weeks, then down to less than 1 lb/week. No big deal! I even just changed my goal weight (raised it by 8 pounds) because I don't think I'm supposed to get down to where I thought I was.
    Enjoy the rapid loss while it lasts, then go with the flow and trust the process for the rest.