BEAST MODE...

Options
:smile: I walk 5 days a week for a hour. I have been doing this for two weeks...I am kindove feeling like I should be doing more....I want a intense workout plan that will make me sweat...Any ideas on what I can do,because i cant afford a trainer...Is their anyone else that feels this way?

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Maybe try the elliptical if you have access to one?

If not, try adding some jogging into your walk, or try walking different terrain- uphill, etc.

Or, you could walk with hand weights or even the strap on ankle weights...

Do any of these sound good? :smile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Invest in some fitness DVDs. If you can afford a gym, use the weights/machines there, esp. if you can go with a friend.

Run/jog instead of walk.
  • kariadams
    kariadams Posts: 24
    Options
    If you have the money to buy it I would suggest the P90X program. I was 9 months postpardum with #2 and about 35lbs left to go. I have not exercised since I was in Junior High (how sad!!!) and my husband was about 50lbs over what he is normally. We blame it all on the pregnancy but we all know we just let go. Anyway to make a long story short we ordered the program and started it on 03/23/2009. Today I weighed 22lbs lighter and my husband is 40lbs lighter. Granted we were not able to do the total workout like they did but we were at least giving it our best shot and kept moving. Each week we saw more and more results. We were skeptical when he ordered but I am impressed and if you follow the workout and modify the diet you will do great. I used this web site for the diet to know how many calories to ingest because the diet with the workout program was too many calories for me. Good luck to you and hope you find something that works for you.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm taking boot camp at the YMCA two days a week. It cost me money, but not nearly as much as it would cost to hire a personal trainer. The upside is that a personal trainer teaches the class and she has been awesome about working with me, emailing, and giving me all kinds of help. Plus, the class is a great workout and it keeps me motivated and on-track. It was such a good investment!
  • Jfowro
    Jfowro Posts: 6
    Options
    You could try adding some jogging intervals into your walking. Try something like jog a minute/walk 3 and continue for the duration of your walk. Not only will you burn more calories, but over time you'll see improvement in your jogging ability and that can be a great motivator.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I agree with the jogging intervals. It makes me sweat like a pig. I love Walk Away the Pounds by leslie Sansone. If you give it you all you'll sweat. Also taebo. Barnes and Noble has fitness dvds on sale this week but they may be cheaper on ebay.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    If you don't think you are up for jogging, cycling and swimming are great low impact exercises that can get that heart rate up.