Pizza Craving?

Options
This is my solution to having a pizza craving :)

20aqy5z.jpg

Wrap Pizza's - 320cal - Bake for 10mins

Warburtons Square Wraps (or something similar) -159cal
Chunky Chicken (tescos value) 36g - 42cal
Weight Watchers Medditeranian pasta sauce (for the base) -15cal
Mature Cheddar grated cheese (because I like the strong taste) 25g - 104cal

Then I just added some herbs and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar ontop of the spinach and watercress salad once it was cooked and It came out a really filling and easy lunch to make :)

P.S I can't make the image work.. boo hoo :(

Replies

• JulesKilvo
    JulesKilvo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I may have to try this! My hubby has a "Pizza night" once a week that I can never join in with, so maybe this week i can :D
  • rhiasmith
    Options
    Yes! My family has a pizza night too, they don't really support me loosing weight and will keep tempting me with them!
    I always make 2 of these as a main dinner of the day and lots of glasses of water and it's just right!!

We can do this together and fight the pizza cravings!! :)
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Image should work now
    This is my solution to having a pizza craving :)

20aqy5z.jpg

Wrap Pizza's - 320cal - Bake for 10mins

Warburtons Square Wraps (or something similar) -159cal
    Chunky Chicken (tescos value) 36g - 42cal
    Weight Watchers Medditeranian pasta sauce (for the base) -15cal
    Mature Cheddar grated cheese (because I like the strong taste) 25g - 104cal

Then I just added some herbs and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar ontop of the spinach and watercress salad once it was cooked and It came out a really filling and easy lunch to make :)

P.S I can't make the image work.. boo hoo :(
  • dolphinsunshine
    Options
    Pitta bread cheese pizza is devine (about 256 cals and fuller for longer)

1 wholemeal pitta (food doctor one if live in UK) 156 cals
    20g of tomato paste 16 cals
    50g of low fat mozzarella (lidl if live in UK) 83 cals

Cook one side of the pitta bread first underneath the grill.
    Turn the pitta bread over and spread the tomato paste over it, then crumble the mozzarella cheese on top.
    Place back under the grill until starts browning.

Add a leafy green side salad for 17 cals. Can add other salad too depending on what u like. Easy to make a fullfilling meal between 300 - 350 cals :)

I love this pizza substitute, and at a fraction of the calories :) Love to hear your opinion once uve tried it.

I don't know how to add photo or would do.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Is Pita bread somewhere other than the regular bread section at the grocery? I always saw it randomly by the deli by the cheeses and hummus when I didn't want it, but not that I'm actually looking for it I can't find it anywhere.
  • julster324
    Options
    I have seen pita bread on racks in front of the deli and in bread aisle near bagels. I like pita pizza too.
  • robinreed10
    Options
    I had pita pizza today but I used hummus instead of tomato sauce
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Papa Gino's pizza is only 230 cals for a large slice of cheese. I say if you're having a pizza craving, just have a slice with a salad!
  • LaurenSA27
    LaurenSA27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! We made pizzas with puff pastry, you can get lower fat ones and just put what you want on them. Low Fat mozzarella, tomatos, ham etc. They were delicious, had no oil on them and didn't leave you with that heavy feeling after normal pizza. We really enjoyed making them, and eating them!!
  • 1cheapmom
    1cheapmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my absolute weakness. I often make pizza on a flour tortilla. With jar spaghetti sauce and low-fat cheese it's a pretty low-cal alternative to "real" pizza and it tastes much like a flat bread pizza. Use any size tortilla (depending on size of craving!) and bake it directly on the oven rack. Watch pretty carefully because the edges of the tortilla burn pretty quickly if left in too long. I usually cook on 350 but can cook at 375 if in a hurry and able to really watch. I use turkey pepperoni and green peppers and my kids ask for them all the time.