Mocha Latte substitutions?

Options
MsMarketeer
MsMarketeer Posts: 24 Member
Let me tell you what, when I got addicted to Starbuck's and McDonald's mocha latte's I thought I'd die to have to give them up...but I have found a pseudo solutioin that helps me say goodbye to that high carb, syrupy treat easier...

I add one scoop of chocolate protein powder to a tall glass (those large insulated cups with lids and straws) of hot black coffee (when I'm in a rush, instant works fine), then sweeten with splenda. Interestingly enough, a dash of salt gives me a little illusion that I had some caramel added in there too! Granted the syrupy consistency isnt there, but I never was really attracted to that in the first place.

Now I have a high protein, very low carb, guilt free version of something that use to be s total splurge. It's also excellent over ice!

What are your healthy versions of this sweet treat?

Replies

• creepycuteee
    creepycuteee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's not quite the same as starbucks but I've been substituting my coffee fix with instant versions and making them with water. Generally they're under a 100 calories.Cappuccino supreme mocha is the brand I've been using recently. It's 90 cal and the sugar isn't crazy high (12g.) It's pretty good.
    I also really like tea and a couple tea brands (I know Stash is one) also make chocolate flavored tea that make an interesting substitute. I add a little bit of almond milk and I think it's really tasty.