What's the deal with 30 Day Shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 and so far I like it pretty well. I am a runner, so I've had to supplement the lower body exercise. I have decided to use Nike Training Club (free iphone app) to add additional lower body work every other day. I think the effectiveness of this program will really depend on what you've been doing before. It's not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination. Most of the exercises are things that you did in gym class during high school...i.e., pushups, jumping jacks, jumping rope, squats, etc.
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey - Just another question for all those who have done 30DS. During the time you did 30DS, was that the only workout you did or you accompanied that with other cardio or strength too ?

Just curious if only those 25 mins workouts can do so much. I started once but left it in between. Am thinking of starting again so thought I would take some hands on advice.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning and go to the gym to do my normal workout in the evening.
  • apple2107
    Options
    Hmm .. Jillian's workouts are my main routines daily, and I've finished both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, and getting ready for Extreme Shed and Shred (Starting tomorrow). I've lost 17lbs from the two DVDs, and lost about 8 inches, so the result is pretty good for me I'd say.
    Sticking with 30DS also completely changed my eating habit. When you realize how hard it takes to lose weight you will start to consume food more "consciously", and I've been eating much healthier since. Granted there are days I go a bit above my goal, but all's good in the long runs xD

So yea, the workout is pretty intense, but it's well worth it if you stick to it for long.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey - Just another question for all those who have done 30DS. During the time you did 30DS, was that the only workout you did or you accompanied that with other cardio or strength too ?

Just curious if only those 25 mins workouts can do so much. I started once but left it in between. Am thinking of starting again so thought I would take some hands on advice.

Right now I am doing leslie sanson walk at home walk slim 6 days a week. It is only 9.99 at meijer (not sure if you have one, I live in michigan and havent seen it outside of MI.) But, I am sure walmart has it. And that kicks your butt also I sweat like a pig then do 30DS.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    all I have found is level one where Julian does the video. I have found other parts with people doing the whole video
    Part3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8nOIFno4hU&feature=related
    If I find others will let you know. My teen his pretty good at digging and finding what I need
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I started it the beginning of December..was 5 days into it, and came across a 30 day shred group on here..getting people together to start the shred together on the 2nd on Jan, so i stopped the shred and did her beginners DVD and other workouts till the 2nd. Today was day 5 and I have lost over 6 inches and 5 lbs in less than a month doing her DVD's. Doesn't sound like a huge amount, but i've done it without actual "dieting" just watching my portions, so i'm sure that my results would've been much more drastic if i would've been able to eat healthier. I checked my measurements over a week ago, so theres a good chance i have lost more.

I have tried several different workout DVD's, and Jillian's is the only one that i have really gotten hooked on. She's evil, but it's a good Evil!
  • elyssaxo
    Options

I am doing the 30 DS and also biking with my daughter for 20-40 mins a day.