Ladies only... How much do you gain when Tom comes?

2»

Replies

• sunshinel397
    sunshinel397 Posts: 206 Member
    Upward of 5 pounds depending on water and sodium intake. Bloat city! It all usually disappears and then some by day three.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    2-3 lbs usually from bloating and water weight.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    I gain about 3 lbs but not only right before TOM but also when I ovulate..... I realized that several months ago (now that my stomach is flat) that I would get bloated 1/2 way through my cycle so I did some research & found out that it happens to a lot of women.
  • jenhaze
    jenhaze Posts: 25 Member
    about 4lbs. it takes a full week to go back down but it always does:)
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Last month i gained the 5 lbs back that i had lost bc of that stupid TOM! but i lost it all afterwards. This month im not going near the scale bc it just discouraged me last time. ;(
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    I have the same problem. I gain up to 4 punds but I have noticed I tend to give into cravings more the week before. So I tend to eat higher sodium. So I agree with the other posts don't wiegh till after TOM and watch your sodium. It's not fat weight anyway just water weight unless you go crazy with food craviings it will be gone in a few days.:flowerforyou:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    The one time I weighed during TOM I was up 6lbs. It all went within 4-5 days.
    Now I don't weigh in that time, there's no point.
  • JulesKilvo
    JulesKilvo Posts: 61 Member
    I usually gain around 2-3lb and for the week before I constantly crave sweet food and cannot stop eating! (which will probably account for the gain) but usually within a few days it will start to go down again :-)
  • loves2tap
    loves2tap Posts: 36 Member
    i usually gain 2-3 lbs during that goes away when tom goes away...i stay far away from the scale for a week or 2. my symptoms last a while.
  • I gain about 3-4 pounds the week before and I don't lose it until a couple days after Tom leaves.