Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Way to go jessica !!!!! That's fantastic !!! Keep it up girl ! :smile:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Happy afternoon everyone! I just came in from my walk on my lunch break. I have to check but I think its around 2 miles the route I take. I just recently started walking on lunch again, and dont ya know...the fates are against me. I'm breaking out in hives from the sun...isnt that weird?? I've never had this problem before. I just went to the Amvets store and bought a light silk scarf and pinned it to my shirt to cover up my neck. . Plus the wind out there is like hurricane force today so my hair is WRECKED.:grumble: I felt like an odd ball but I dont care.

thats what I've done today to make me feel proud....i put my health over my pride!

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day. I did it this a.m. but wont count that because I've had too many good Thursday weights followed by a Friday that was a little above Thurs. weight....why is that?? Is there more gravity on a Friday and no one told me!!?!?!?! :laugh:

Have a great day and make yourself proud today!!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Khadj- Way to go- you SHOULD be proud ! Good luck on weigh in. Mine is on Sunday. Have a great day. Cindy :heart:
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    Khadj- Way to go- you SHOULD be proud ! Good luck on weigh in. Mine is on Sunday. Have a great day. Cindy :heart:
    Thanks! Any btw...rock on for that cool comment you got today! Thats fantastic!

Hope you have a beautiful rest of the day!

Kelly
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in. I have a thought on the "oh my goodness, I have to lose 100+ lbs" feeling of despair. Here is what works for me. When I started MFP, I figured I needed to lose 266 lbs. And, since I had lost about 20 lbs in the past two years, the total weight loss needed over time was more like 290. Daunting, to say the least.

So, I decided I needed to stop focusing on what I needed to lose and start focusing on what I wanted to gain. I was tired of my world shrinking all the time. Tired of not being able to do anything I love. Tired of feeling badly about myself. So, I started a new lifestyle. Its not about food - its about me. I am reclaiming me. And in the process, I am losing weight. So, the pounds don't matter - what matters is today, I feel better than I did a week ago. And, whats the saying - "I like being skinny better than I like brownies?" Thats me.

Have a great rest of the day and week! Love you guys!
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Welcome to khadj You will love it here. I to missed yesterday. BUt I did just catch up this is a rocking thread. congrats on al the loss to everyone
    Stillkirsti thank you for saying that it about you and not the weight. Because I did not loss anything this week but I have been to the docter and the blood pressure is low 114over 70 which is great and a woman at work said to me You need new pants they are hanging on you. so at lesat all the walking and works out are working. but I beat myself up so I need to think like you not what I have lost but what Ihave done.
    Cindy way to go on the mile you are amazing I am up to 3 miles but it takes me awhile.
    hope everyone has a wonderful day
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group khadj!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Jessica and Bonkers woohoo doing a happy dance for your pounds lost!:drinker:

Kristi I love the way you think you are so inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • aur23a
    aur23a Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    I hope you all are having a great Thursday. :flowerforyou:

MPJS- you are doing a great job and don't you forget that. You know I maintained too this week. My Dr. could see the disappointment in my face and reminded me that at least I didn't go up like I normally do... I know next week you and I will see some of those lbs off!! :wink:

Take care,
    Aurora
  • MPJS
    Options
    Thank you aur23a. I think you are so right . I see your doing great 12 pounds wow. I know how you feel I hate staying the same . But it is better then gaining you are so right
    Here's looking forward to our loss for next week :happy:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Kristi, sometimes it's like you read our minds! I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see how things go; but I too have been feeling like I'm not losing fast enough; suffering enough for my goals; seeing results quick enough, etc....

As much as this site is inspiring, sometimes it can be discouraging if you go down the road of comparing yourself to others.

I am fitting into clothes I haven't worn for a couple of years, and today I biked up a hill I have been avoiding since I started going out and it was totally no effort!!!! We really have to keep our eye on the total change, not just the number on the scale or the clothes rack!

When I was out walking yesterday I realized that my walk was an analogy for this entire process. When I look ahead and see how far I need to go, it seems like it's so far away. All I want to do is sit down and give up, but I tell myself I can do this and I push on. The first 25% of the walk is hard, so much effort, it hurts, I can't catch my breath and it's no fun at all. Then I hit my stride, I find my energy and I get in the zone and walking feels great! I don't look up at the finish line, I only look far enough ahead to make sure I don't trip....one foot in front of the other, enjoying the journey. After awhile I look ahead and I'm surprised at how far I have come. The last 10% is a killer! I can see the finish line, but I'm tired. I push through and I'm THERE! I feel satisfied and proud. Tired but energized.

Thank you everyone for making this a safe and awesome place! Time for sleep, tomorrow is another day!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...I am struggling big time...I am fine all day but in the evenings I binge...big time...Eric has been so supportive and encouraging, but when he's at work in the evenings and I'm just sitting around thinking about things I eat...and then I'm embarrassed to tell him that I did so poorly with my food choices...he is doing so well and I feel like I'm letting him down by overeating...my weight hasn't budged in forever it seems...and now that I have the free gym membership I have worked out every day except for one and while I feel great when I work out, I usually end up eating the calories I burned plus some...and as you all know, at our weight, eating exercise calories isn't required for us...every day I make it my goal to not eat my exercise calories, but I always eat them and then some...I guess I'm posting this to make sure that I hold myself accountable...if I tell others I'm struggling I'll have to make more of an effort to stay on track tomorrow, right?
  • big_e
    big_e Posts: 3
    Options
    Laura, you could never let me down, everyone hits a dry spot now and then. I know you can do it and I'm sure everyone else believes you can too! I'm serious about that work number. Anything I can do to help:flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Amy, thank you so much! That was a nice thing to say. Sure appreciate you!

Eric and Laura, you guys are dang cute! It is cool that you are sharing your relationship here! Laura, I don't remember if you mentioned how many times you eat throughout the day. Hopefully, you are eating every two hours, largest meal in the am, and small snack like meals throughout the day. That way, two things happen - 1 Your metabolism is busy all day and 2 You don't allow yourself to get hungry. Less hunger = less binging.

I don't know if this will help, and I don't know if you already saw it, but I did some research that really helped me understand why I used to binge at night. It is posted on my blog and also in this thread: EXERCISE, FOOD AND THE BRAIN CHEMICAL CONNECTION

paddlemom, thanks! :blushing: your very kind. And, you seem to be rocking! Way to go on that bike! MPJS and Aurora - gotta share something people on another thread shared with me when I had only been doing this about 3 weeks. I was obsessed with the scale! Some weeks, I would lose a few pounds and be on cloud nine. Then, I would stay the same and be in the toilet! The message I got was, "The scale is evil! :devil: So, a couple of things to remember: Your weight can fluctuate as many as 5 lbs in a day, for no apparent reason. and the second is, if you weight isn't moving, do you have another way to measure your progress. How clothing fits, tape measure, biking up a hill you used to avoid with relative east. (:wink: at paddlemom) joints feel better, etc.

Well everyone, I am once again exhausted. Weigh in tomorrow. Catch you tomorrow!

4sure, how are you??
  • stillkristi
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hey everyone, just a reminder, we are going to be reaching our 500th post pretty soon. When that happens, this thread will lock and a new one will automatically start. Don't lose us! To get to the new thread, you go to the last post in this thread and there will be a link pointing you toward the new thread. Join us there!
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Thanks stillkristi and paddlemom for your awesome encouragement and reminding us that we are more than the destination of the journey we're on! Every step, every little choice matters and makes us better individuals!

I have to toot my own horn on our thread....I HIT MY GOAL EARLY! I had originally had a 39# by my 39th by day goal...well, I did that in April with 8 weeks left till my bday, so I chaged the goal to 50# by my 39th bday....HOT DAMN! I weighed in this a.m. and PRAISE GOD...I'm at 53 pounds shed!!

I'm so excited and happy today! I know there will be many weeks when the result is not this good and I might get down, but right now...I just want to dance!!! And if I do...I wont giggle nearly as much as I used to!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everyone...keep up your efforts...dont give up...ever. You ARE worth it...You CAN do this...You are beautiful and deserve to really LIVE life. We only have one shot at this life...lets live it to the absolute fullest we can every single day!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...I am struggling big time...I am fine all day but in the evenings I binge...big time...Eric has been so supportive and encouraging, but when he's at work in the evenings and I'm just sitting around thinking about things I eat...and then I'm embarrassed to tell him that I did so poorly with my food choices...he is doing so well and I feel like I'm letting him down by overeating...my weight hasn't budged in forever it seems...and now that I have the free gym membership I have worked out every day except for one and while I feel great when I work out, I usually end up eating the calories I burned plus some...and as you all know, at our weight, eating exercise calories isn't required for us...every day I make it my goal to not eat my exercise calories, but I always eat them and then some...I guess I'm posting this to make sure that I hold myself accountable...if I tell others I'm struggling I'll have to make more of an effort to stay on track tomorrow, right?

Hey Laura,

You sound like me! That was what happened to me almost a year ago, and I let it beat me, and I undid all that hard work. Now I'm back, and I have even further to go to get to the finish! But I have no one to blame but myself. If you fall off one day, the key is to drag yourself back up the next. And if you fall off the next day, Drag yourself up the day after. But don't give up. As long as you're fighting, you have a chance!

I'm saying this as much to myself as I am to you, because my history has proven that it's a slippery slope for me. :tongue: But I'm back, and I'm still trying. And so are you!

And you're lucky to have Eric. I'm lucky to have a guy like that, too :smile: We'll get there. You with me??
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Breakthrough for me this morning; I dragged my lardbutt out of bed a half hour early and did a 1 1/2 mile walk before breakfast! :drinker: And I don't feel exhausted. I had my cottage cheese and pineapple, and 3 glasses of water, and I'm ready for my horseback ride. I'm planning on another 3 mile walk later today with my mom. And yesterday, I only ate 1,840 cals, my min. is 1940, and I had more than 600 exer. cals. that I didn't touch. Why can't every day be that effortless? :tongue:
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    Hey guys,

Breakthrough for me this morning; I dragged my lardbutt out of bed a half hour early and did a 1 1/2 mile walk before breakfast! :drinker: And I don't feel exhausted. I had my cottage cheese and pineapple, and 3 glasses of water, and I'm ready for my horseback ride. I'm planning on another 3 mile walk later today with my mom. And yesterday, I only ate 1,840 cals, my min. is 1940, and I had more than 600 exer. cals. that I didn't touch. Why can't every day be that effortless? :tongue:

I dont know, but if you find the secret let me in on it!!

Congrats on the effort! It is such a killer to get up early!
  • MPJS
    Options
    good morning everyone.
    I got the day off not that I wanted it. but stillkristi thank you somtimes I only go by that scale and you are so right it is evil. but I did notice other things going on with my body that I can walk 2 miles straight without a break and other things me and aur23a can do this .
    bonkers and khadj way to go I hope I am with you there soooon.
    laura and eric you guy's are so sweet. laura call him and if you feel you can't .Come on here with us. I binge at night also . My man work's night's too so my closet eating come's out it is a struggle every night and I am trying not to have stuff in the house but the kids want it so I am trying to buy them stuff only they well eat. but you are not alone in your struggle. I am there to.
    bonkers is so right it is that we keep trying and stillkristi is right to we don't measure our weight loss worth by scale only it's got to be the big picture ( ie. smaller butt then last month)
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day
    4sure and blazin. you are in my thoughts hope you are both having a great trip
    Hey what happen to reedwoman any one know?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I just had my physical at the doctor and he was so happy with my weight loss. He said it was significant and that I should keep it up. I felt so good about that!