Creative ways to stay motivated... Here's one for ya!

Options

Replies

• goddesskatrina
    goddesskatrina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I did it on my FB page in my 31 person fitness group. Thanks for the wonderful suggestion!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! I'm so gonna do it because I really, really need to get some kind of motivation to exercise and this seems like a nice, fun way to do so. Thank you for this wonderful idea!
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    I LOVE this idea!!! I'm trying it out :P I post SO many status updates, of my 98 friends only a handful actually read any so will see how it goes :P

I'm going to post for my calisthenics exercises each day. ie for every *like* I'll do a set of a specific exercise (I posted crunches today). Curious to see how this goes!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    that's such a creative idea and a good way toget all your friends involved! love it!
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just used your facebook suggestion!

Until March 1st my husband and I have a contest going. Whoever logs the most work out minutes in that time wins. If I win...I get a puppy....if he wins...he gets an iPad...so far the puppy is winning!

Oh let me know how that turns out!!
  • 3bree375
    Options
    Thank you so much for this one! I just posted and already have so many people offering support!!!! I love it!!!!! I just finished my first mile in honor of my neighbor I grew up beside of as a kid :):) Such a great walk down memory lane as I go through each one - honoring them, and trekking my miles! THANKS AGAIN!! I love this idea!!!!

That is great! It's fun, huh?!
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nicki_1004
    Options
    I love this Idea! I am gonna try doing this. I don't know how it will work out for me if people will "like" it or not but I am going to give it a shot! Thanks.
  • Caseysgoals
    Caseysgoals Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I decided to take this idea and "run" with it. Literally, I posted that I would run a mile for every like... AND, extended until the end of February seeing as how I'm just starting out running. Well, I guess people read my posts more than I thought.... I am up to 91 'likes' and still going... I decided to shut it off at midnight... But have 55 days to run at least 91 miles... YIKES. Help?
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i just posted the walk/run one mile thing....that's such a great idea....yayyy...woop woop...thx
  • AnnettLynn
    Options
    I just posted the mile per like on my Facebook page. Two likes instantly, and one friend decided to share it with everyone he knew. Uh oh! I'd better get started. Thanks for the idea!
  • 3bree375
    Options
    I just posted the mile per like on my Facebook page. Two likes instantly, and one friend decided to share it with everyone he knew. Uh oh! I'd better get started. Thanks for the idea!

Let me know how it turns out!!
  • 3bree375
    Options

Whoa!! it got shared... uh oh! You could have some major miles to do. :) Keep me posted!
  • 3bree375
    Options
    i just posted the walk/run one mile thing....that's such a great idea....yayyy...woop woop...thx

:)
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How long did you run the post on Facebook to get how many likes you received?

Love the idea...just may have to try it! Thanks!!

11569296.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Byn73
    Byn73 Posts: 20
    Options
    What a great idea! It could also be a way to raise money for charity.

Good luck with reaching the 81 miles, you have gotten off to a great start.

:)
  • telefonica
    Options
    great idea
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    oh wow! you brave brave soul! honestly, and it's a bit bad, sometimes I exercise harder because I want to make sure I have enough calories and macro numbers so I don't have to see any "red" for the day. my motivation and energy comes from my mind so if an exercise lasts for let's say 1 more minutes or less on a workout dvd, I just convince myself to keep going, and tell myself to not stop, it will be over soon, and then it is :)
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    So I tried this. I posted:

For every 'like' this status gets by 7pm tonight, I will do 1 set of crunches (a set is 30 seconds of crunches) with my calisthenics tonight.

I'm at 15 likes so far. What have I done!! lol

Going to repost with different exercises on each day I work out :P
  • Caseysgoals
    Caseysgoals Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So far, I have 99 likes..... Yikes