Had MFP for awhile, just getting serious about it. Need frie

Options
Hello All,

Ive had this app on my phone for a few months now and was never consistent with logging in my food. Logging on the the website is new to me and I would like to do this for real now. Its crazy how much calories are for one meal. Like 1200 calories for a mcdonalds value meal? AHhh! Thats my thing, I eat out to much, Ive had weeks where Ill eat healthy, then Ill stop. I just need motivation to be consistent with everything. So my bad habits are that I need to stop eating out so much and I need to stop eating late at night. I also have a gym membership that I use basically once a month! Whats wrong with me! haha. Im hoping this web site helps out because I really need the motivation and more friends on this so we can help each other out.

I want to lose 70-100 pounds. I am at my heaviest and I am very frustrated with myself. Nothing fits right anymore, looks good anymore. Im not comfortable. Im self-conscious . I hate going shopping for clothes. Ive been at this for 10 years and now Im a the point where Ive made so much work for myself when way back when, all I had to do was lose 30lbs to be at my goal weight of 130lbs. I want to do this so I can be happy. So i can run around and play with my daughter outside, at the park or beach. I want to be healthier and around for a long time. I just need to do this, this time and finally lose this weight. Please feel free to add me so we can help each other out with our goals.

- Erika

Replies

• MalSays
    MalSays Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I've made it so much harder on myself the past couple of years, too...if only I had stuck with it back then! It's also hard for me to break the bad habits of eating out. I like to reward myself with bad food (like, "I had a stressful day, I deserve french fries", or something like that). I'm down to one pair of jeans that I can fit in comfortably, and that's after several rounds of buying bigger things. There are so many cute clothes that I'd look great in if only I were fit.

I haven't seen many people here yet that are our age range with such high weight-loss goals and who are just starting. I think that might help! Here are my stats:

SW: 200 (also CW and HW)
    GW: 130-140
    5'8"
    26 years old
    Female

I started logging my food during 2009 but didn't keep it up because I lacked any friend support and lost motivation. In 2010 I joined a gym and did a weight loss challenge, but got discouraged when I didn't see many results. Then I let work stress, the holidays, and moving take over my motivation to go to the gym.

Here's to a good 2012! If you think we can be a good support system for each other, feel free to add me!

Mallory
  • barefootkandi
    Options
    Hi there. I'm Kandi. Feel free to add me, I do much better using MFP when I have people supporting/prodding/screaming at me, lol. I've been using MFP off and on for 2 years, and when I'm "on" and actually logging my food, I do so much better.
  • Reesa32
    Reesa32 Posts: 35
    Options
    Add me!! This is my first time logging food and it has actually shed alot of light on why im overweight!!!!!
  • b0mbxchelle
    Options
    Before school started last year I was on MFP all the time and lost 25 pounds. Once school started I started to drag a little because it became so overwhelming with working a FT job. I've actually taken a break from school to get back on track with my loss so I am here for the long run. I made a new page and started over this year. Feel free to add me (= I can help answer any questions you have <3
  • Erika_Ecka
    Erika_Ecka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I've made it so much harder on myself the past couple of years, too...if only I had stuck with it back then! It's also hard for me to break the bad habits of eating out. I like to reward myself with bad food (like, "I had a stressful day, I deserve french fries", or something like that). I'm down to one pair of jeans that I can fit in comfortably, and that's after several rounds of buying bigger things. There are so many cute clothes that I'd look great in if only I were fit.

I haven't seen many people here yet that are our age range with such high weight-loss goals and who are just starting. I think that might help! Here are my stats:

SW: 200 (also CW and HW)
    GW: 130-140
    5'8"
    26 years old
    Female

I started logging my food during 2009 but didn't keep it up because I lacked any friend support and lost motivation. In 2010 I joined a gym and did a weight loss challenge, but got discouraged when I didn't see many results. Then I let work stress, the holidays, and moving take over my motivation to go to the gym.

Here's to a good 2012! If you think we can be a good support system for each other, feel free to add me!

Mallory
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi

Feel free to add me, you sound simliar to me, i have been on here for 4 months and seeing great results but need to keep at it, think some extra support and motivation would help. This site has been fantastic for me am sure you will find it the same.
  • Erika_Ecka
    Erika_Ecka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ugh!

I totally feel you on the " one pair of jeans" thing. I had bought a pair of jeans that were a size up for days I wanted to be co
    Comfortable, or you k ow, my " fat jeans" and sadly to say they're getting a bit snug. Boooo! Frustrating!

I've been doing very well since I posted this thread and all the motivation and support I'm getting from everyone on this site is overwhelming and very encouraging. I think this is going to help me alot and hold myself accountable with what I put in my mouth and with exercising and I feel excited!

I sent all you ladies a request and I look forward to doing this together. Yay!
  • idaretodream
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Feel free to add me. I TOTALLY understand the one pair of jeans thing.

I REALLY need a new wardrobe (the people on What Not to Wear would have a ball with me) but keep putting it off until I lose weight, which has been 4 years so far :(

Have been on and off with MFP for about a year but I think I eventually have my mindset right, so here we go!!
  • hayjessmum
    hayjessmum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started today and am also looking for friends and support! Feel free to add me too
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anyone who likes can add me!

Stick with it guys & gals- YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • kat4151
    Options
    I'm in the same situation... this site works wonders when I stick with it, and now I'm determined to do it!!! :)

I've run out of excuses and have finally realized I'm trading health, happiness and self-confidence for pizza and chips. No more.

Here's to a new year and to finally reaching our goals together!!

Kat
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. I just finished out my first week! I think it will really work if we stick with it. Good luck! :)
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi add me please- I have been motivating myself by how many trousers I can fit into...I have had one pair of jeans only for the last year! Now have 2 pairs of trousers of work instead of only one...slow but worth it...we need support. Good luck :)