Leptin diet, anyone?

Options
Dawntodusk
Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
Anyone have success with this? I'm starting it today. There are 5 rules. 1) No food after dinner. 2) 3 meals a day with no snacks. 5-6 hrs between meals. 3) Not large meals. Eat slowly. Stop before full. 4) High protein breakfast. 5) Reduce carbs.

The idea is that snacking inhibits the body's ability to metabolize the meal properly. It also keeps the body from using stored fat reserves for energy.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    To each their own. From my exerperience thou, I can't just eat 3 meals a day otherwise I'll end up binge eating. But good luck to you.
  • Dawntodusk
    Options
    To each their own. From my exerperience thou, I can't just eat 3 meals a day otherwise I'll end up binge eating. But good luck to you.

I'm kind of worried about that, too. But, apparently once you start - and as long as you eat according to the plan (e.g. high protein breakfast, less carbs at lunch, dinner), it's not hard to go 5 hours. They say try 4 hours at first if you think you can't do it. We'll see... Thanks for the good wishes.
  • yumster70
    yumster70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    are you taking the leptin pills?
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

I'm kind of worried about that, too. But, apparently once you start - and as long as you eat according to the plan (e.g. high protein breakfast, less carbs at lunch, dinner), it's not hard to go 5 hours. They say try 4 hours at first if you think you can't do it. We'll see... Thanks for the good wishes.

Well, that don't sound too bad then.
  • Dawntodusk
    Options
    are you taking the leptin pills?

No. Apparently that's not necessary with this plan.
  • 8thAvatar
    8thAvatar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawntodusk! I've just started following the Leptin 5 rules for the last 3 days. I'm on day 4 today. I've done pretty much every single diet plan and have been researching the answer to why it's so difficult for me to drop weight and I feel that leptin is the answer. I do have to be diligent about spacing my 3 meals out and not snacking. Before I found out about leptin, I was implementing the primal blueprint diet so I was already eating more protein, less carbs so it's been a natural progression. Wishing you much good health and success with the leptin diet!

-K.