Finally quit!!!!

Options
I am a "Copenhagen Junkie" no more!!!!!!. Over the past 18 years I have been putting roughly a can of Copenhagen Snuff in my mouth everyday. I have tried almost everything to quit. Wellbutrin, chantix, nicorette gum, nicoderm patch, cold turkey. None of which worked longer then 3 days. On New Years Eve/Day my family and I had left a small fireworks display and was headed home. I rolled down the window and chucked the can of snuff out the window and told my wife and daughter I quit. They laughed as they have seen me quit before. Well today I have officailly doubled the time I have ever been dip free.

Replies

• Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! My husband uses Skoal and I hate it especially when I want to just kiss him. I'm so very glad for you that you were able to quit - stick with it!!
  • jwolfdh
    jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! every day is going to get easier and easier!
  • atxogre
    Options
    Excellent. I was a Kodiak man for over 20 years. I quit several times in the past but always came back. last year I threw away a nearly full can and said "I'm done." Kudos to you really, I know how hard it is.

Suggestion: Keep a pack of gum at home, in the car and at work. There will be times where you may really feel like you just want to run down to the gas station and pick up a can... before you do that, try chewing as much gum as you need. Hell finish an entire pack if you need to.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up, one day at a time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!