Need help picking a HRM

Options
I need a HRM that is easy to use, accurate and able to be used underwater for swimming and water aerobics. It has to be able to have a wrist and chest strap that fits a bigger girl and it also cannot be too high in price as I have a $125 limit that I have budgeted out. What kind of monitor do you use and how do you like it?

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Check out the Polar ft4. I love mine!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 for sure!! I love mine and it's the best purchase I have made. :-) easy to use and does everything I need.
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    *bump* really interested!
  • h0kieerin
    h0kieerin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I third the Polar FT4. :) I have the pretty "bronze" one.
  • mlke4258
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7 and I love it! The big thing you need to look for in even a Polar HRM is that the battery can be changed. In a lot of popular models and even some Polar models, there is no way of changing the battery without destroying it. Particularly, if you are going to be using it under water. I know on the FT7, you can clearly change the battery with nothing mare than a dime. Check out the reviews for the different models on Amazon. Also, another thing I forgot to mention us that while wearing the chest strap, you're HR will be displayed automatically on the treadmill, elliptical, or any other piece of equipment that supports HRM's. My entire motivation for getting one is the E-Spin bike in the Anytime Fitness I frequent. It also made me aware of how bad I was getting jipped on calories by relying on the machines themselves. Almost 400
    -500 calorie difference. Yikes!!!
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I got the FT 4 at Sears on sale for around $75 - It's awesome - love it!!