New here - 150+lbs to lose!

Options
Hi everyone. I'm a 31 y/o married mom of a beautiful little girl (2.5 y/o). I've come to the realization that without changing my life I won't live to see my daughter hit major milestones in her life and for those moments that I am around, I will forever be in the background, on the couch or struggling to keep up. Time to change has finally come!

I am 5'3" and 291 lbs (makes me sick to say that number). BMI 53.5. I am absolutely disgusted with what I have become and am done making excuses.

Before the holidays I had adjusted my portion sizes and managed to lose 15 lbs, but over the holidays I gained back 5 lbs. In September 2011 I was 301.5lbs.

My husband has also made a lifestyle change and has managed to lose almost 30 lbs. He did not fall off the track like I did, which makes me feel 10x worse with every fatty morsel shovelled into my mouth.

I don't want to sit on the sidelines of my own life anymore.
I would love to talk to other moms or others with huge weight loss journeys ahead of them.

Thanks for listening. I happily receive any and all tips and advice. Looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

Replies

• Shandy818
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new to MFP and I see our goals/weight/height are very similar! I could use some friends and I thought maybe you could too? I will send you a friend request!
  • cetera26
    cetera26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new too! We could help support and encourage each other. I need lots of motivation!
  • suz_ers
    suz_ers Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also new on here, with 90 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me, we all need support and motivation!! :)
  • janna0117
    Options
    This is my 6th day on MFP. I could use the motivation as well. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • allyjstone
    allyjstone Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you can do it! It's all about logging and being accountable! I'm send you a friend request!
  • wolfiefc
    Options
    Im here too,my first week on the plan i feel ive done good so far,will know more tomorrow night as its my first weigh in,heres hoping for a good result.

good luck you can do it
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi I have similar story bmi 44 will send you a friend request