In a pickle!

Options
SnazzyTraveller
SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
Need your advice on what I should do for supper.... I just had lunch at 1:00, and work tonight from 5-10pm. I usually eat dinner around 6:30, but we're doing inventory tonight so will not be getting much of a break. I neeeeeeed to eat a hearty meal but can't do it before work because I won't be satisfied until 10! And no way can I eat a full meal when I get home at 10:30...

Any suggestions for filling meals that I can eat fast but that will keep me full?

Replies

• MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    what I would do i make your dinner now and then pack it so that it will be easy to microwave when you get a min.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would bring fruit, or a sweet potatoe, or regular potatoe to microwave. If that's not an option, I would pack some almonds, and a Cliff Bar.
  • Carrie1963
    Options
    My suggestion would be a hearty drinkable soup. My favorite is Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Tomato, or the Black Bean Soup. I can drink this at my station at work with a few Blue Diamond Crackers about 8 crackers with two low calorie cheese sticks. This works out to be around 400 calories and keeps me full. I hope this works for you.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    can you eat something now and then take some almonds or something quick and healthy for a snack during your quick break???
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    How about pack a "lunch"? I'm thinking tuna on wheat with an apple. Protein and whole grain can keep you going, and a bit of fat (from the mayo) will help it satisfy you longer. The apple adds a satisfying crunch and gives sugar for a quick boost (but from the fruit source, and paired with the other food, shouldn't give you the 'crash' that a candybar would)
  • SnazzyTraveller
    Options
    thanks all! sound like very good options :)) it seems like i asked such a silly question, but as i found out today when it's me in the situation suddenly i hadn't a clue what to do :P
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    thanks all! sound like very good options :)) it seems like i asked such a silly question, but as i found out today when it's me in the situation suddenly i hadn't a clue what to do :P

it happens like that some times!!! Have a great night!!!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    Options

it happens like that some times!!! Have a great night!!!

• pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :) I used to really enjoy a slice of lunch meat with some cream cheese, wedged into a pickle. (Dill) Cut out a wedge like you would a sub bun... There's dinner, in a pickle.

But if you just want any old dinner, I really like the tuna sandwich and apple idea. (And a few almonds...)