Healthy Idea's

Options
I sit behind a desk all day and I do not have the chance to always eat the best stuff.. Any idea's of good healthy snack idea's?

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fridge available at your work? My go-tos were individual cups of yogurt, fruit or veggie sticks and hummus. Easy, healthy and not messy :smile:
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, pack snack bags with nuts, cut veggies, low cal chips. Take a few into work with you each day. I also keep the 90 calorie granola bars and the 100 calorie packs of almonds in my purse at all times.
    I pack my husband a bag of oranges and apples and banana's to keep at his desk through the week.
    You can also keep unsweetened applesauce cups in your desk, those do not need to be kept cold as well as oatmeal packets.

Also keep a large refillable water bottle at your desk as well as a coffee mug and some of your favorite tea. Sometimes if I am bored and wanting to eat, a hot cup of tea is a great alternative and takes a while to drink.

Also pack yourself a healthy filling lunch! Use a ton of veggies to stuff a 100 calorie tortilla and then add some lean turkey or ham, skip the cheese.
    And if you have a sweet tooth, buy some high quality chocolate. If its expensive you will be better about gorging.
    Eat 1 piece if you are in need of a treat.
  • lvk82
    lvk82 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you guys!! Are the 100 cal pack of things you see in the store enough to curb my appetite so i am not willing to eat more than I am suppose to?
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i have found that most of the time i am not even hungry just want some flavor (lol know what i mean) so i just keep a box of flavors for water in my locker and it curbs mine alot... i also love a bag of popcorn. feels like i get alot when i am munchy:tongue:
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    green apple (medium size)
    slightly green banana

I like the corn thins (they look like rice cakes but are half the size)

hot air pop corn

green beans

I also keep Nugo protein bars in my pocketbook for when I get the munchies.

a baggie of baby carrots

dry roasted edamame (1/4 cup or two teaspoons with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin seeds)
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Emerald 100 calorie almonds. They have delicious dry roasted flavors too like cinnamon and cocoa.
    Apples and bananas
    Dried fruit
    Kashi soft baked cereal bars