Losing weight in kilograms not pounds!

Options
Hi, I've been on here only a few weeks and just can't get my head around using pounds and stone. I've used kilograms all of my life and have to keep converting the pounds to kilograms. My tracker is in kilograms so I am looking for friends to add me who also use kilograms as their main weight loss measurement!! I don't have any friends yet : ( but I think people will motivate me more and I can help motivate them also. :wink:

Replies

• sofy993
    sofy993 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looooooool !
    What you wrote is exactly like me .. I've used kilograms in my all life and still using it because all the people here around using kilograms .. But the good thing i am using the application from my ipad so i can convert it easily :p
    My starting weigh is 72 kilograms and my goal weight is 56 ( i hope )
    I start having friends in these days :) so we can be friends if you like you can add me :)
  • kittendream
    Options
    Oh goodie, thanks, I'm not alone!! Ideally I'd like to get below 64kg for sure, put that as just a beginning haha. WE can do it!
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My Home, Settings, Use Metric values.
  • kfle018
    kfle018 Posts: 15
    Options
    SAME AS ME! new zealand only uses kgs so thats all i know. i am constantly using a converter on google to help me see where things are at! you can add me if you like! im aiming for 24kg drop and ive done 2.4kg in a week (cant believe it! but its just that inital get go before you plateau boooooooooooo) haha :)
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think of weight in pounds, but distance in kilometres (yes..I'm Canadian LMAO!) Makes reading some of the running threads difficult...
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same here! Just joined last week and can't come to grips with how much weight people have lost when it's not in kg's. Have no friends yet either so please feel free to add me! I'm still at the 300g mark (sigh), but it hasn't been a week yet so all hope is not lost. I'm ideally looking to lose at least 8kg so will need all the support and motivation I can get :wink:
  • kittendream
    Options
    Ha ha yeah difficult that this is for everyone world wide I guess. Oh well, it all equals the same in the end doesn't it!!
  • hadapurpura
    Options
    I know!!! Also, in kgs the number is less terrorizing, but still more manageable than in stone.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    there are plenty people from EN, or the UK (I'm such an American) is there a difference? but anyway, they use KG, and you can use the locations search engine to find people near you
  • Leafeh
    Leafeh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as the rest of you, I usually have a converter open in a tab all the time.
  • kittendream
    Options
    Good idea, I'll search for people in countries that use kg!! Silly me haha!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My Home, Settings, Use Metric values.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I usually work in kilos too. I am European living in England so everyone around me is using pounds and on here as well. At the moment I am kind of using both. I did however changed my scale to pounds now as the 2lbs lost look better then 1kg :wink:

I still measure myself in cm rather then inches though. Same reason really 2.5cm looks better than 1inch :smile:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That's imperialist!
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm shedding Kilo's instead of pounds too, feel free to add :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm a kg girl too, despite being in the UK, where most people use stones and pounds. The 1st weight-obsessed person I ever knew was French, so the 55kg I was when I knew her has always stuck as my ideal weight.

My top weight, after having my little boy, was 70kg or so. I got back to 60kg just by eating less, and used mfp for the last 5kg. I'm about 56.3 kg now, having gotten to 10 weeks pregnant before miscarrying. I'm not going to try too hard to lose that last little bit, but it's amazing how much padding there is in one kg :laugh:
  • kowai
    kowai Posts: 14
    Options
    I live in Kgs, but I like pounds because it looks better on the scale \o/ 1 pound over 0.5 kgs
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's imperialist!
    Here, Here. Seems strange way to pick your friends on MFP.... I like my friends to lose weight and I don't care if they measure their weight in feathers.