Skipping... is it really this hard?

Options
2»

Replies

• rhiasmith
    Options
    Just read this topic and brought myself a skipping rope of eBay for £2!! Bargain, Looking forward for it to arrive so I can get in on this!! :D
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just read this topic and brought myself a skipping rope of eBay for £2!! Bargain, Looking forward for it to arrive so I can get in on this!! :D

Yep, that's exactly where I got mine from :) If it's a Gyles one you bought, I can tell you I'm impressed with the quality for £2!
    Happy skipping!

Tomorrow, I shall endeavour to try and skip as close to 5 minutes as I can!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My status yesterday was about skipping. Its hard!!
    My trainer added 3 minutes of skipping with 90 seconds of abs x9. I was like, no problem. Then I tried it. At first I could only manage 2 minute rounds. And by 2 minutes, I mean skip a few times, get caught up, take a break, then repeat. I had shin splint and my calves hurt the next day.
    I am now up to 3 minutes with few breaks, less than 10 seconds every minute. I still can't go long periods without getting caught up.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes, skipping is hard -- shockingly, I know, since it was so easy when I was 8! lol

My passion is kickboxing, and we skip 5 mins on average to warm up. That was hard as hell in the beginning, but now it's nothing at all. Bootcamp warmup is a solid 10 minutes, and really, that's a piece of cake now, too (once you've built the endurance).

Keep going, you'll get there. Put on good music, find your rhythm, and watch boxer's skipping techniques. Very few jump straight up and down.
  • Anusri
    Anusri Posts: 1
    Options
    I bought a rope a week ago and yet to use it. I am planning to start skipping in the car garage of my apartment building so that I dont disturb the folks who live below me and also because it is a covered garage.