7 weeks to 100 push ups; Couch to 5K

Options
I just posted in my blog about the two, with great links for you to check out. WEIGHT LOSS AND MUSCLE BUILDING go hand in hand, so check it out. The more muscle you have, the quicker your body burns calories.

But yes, back to the forum, anybody doing either of these challenges???, I'd like a friend request if you are doing the 7 weeks to 100 pushups or the couch to 5k, or if I inspired you to start! I would love to keep tabs on eachother ;) friendly competion is healthy.

Best of luck to me, and everyone out there trying to reach their weightloss goals. Check out my blog for real :p its got juicy info.:glasses:

Replies

• MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 100 push up challenge. Managed to pull a muscle in my shoulder first day though but I'm back onto it now but taking it carefully.

I really need to start Couch to 5K again. Tried it in the summer but got disheartened by how unfit I was. Couldn't get through three sets of jogging before I almost dropped dead on the street!

Best of luck with yours!
  • breesensei
    Options
    Thank you! Ha I am extremely out of shape so I will probably almost die on the side of th street as well :tongue: I just REALLLLLY want to get in shape and I figure mixing and matching these programs would be perfect for it:smooched:
  • MissSpuggz
    Options
    Haha. I think the idea is to just follow the plan as best as you can without pushing yourself too and don't give up. Eventually you'll start doing more push ups and running further as well as getting into shape.

I do hate running though! :P
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I think I pulled a muscle in my shoulder a couple months ago, my rom is very limited, can't do shoulder presses or anything requiring my arm to go up or back. What did you do to help/heal yours?
  • MissSpuggz
    Options
    I just used ice, rested, took some ibuprofen and did some gentle stretches.
  • breesensei
    Options
    I would love to say "I love running" but I am right there with you :bigsmile:
    Yeah, I am definitely going to push myself to the limit though, so I get the full
    benefits of my workouts, :smile:
    Its all with a dream in mind
    to be a sexy slim tan girl layin in the sun in a bikini:laugh:
    Ive never got the chance to wear a bikini, cause I have never been in any way skinny
    THIS IS FOR ALL THE MARBLES :smokin:
  • holyguacamole37
    holyguacamole37 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm doing BOTH OF THESE!!! I'm about to start week 2 of C25K and week 1 of 100 push ups!! Friend request is on the way!! =)
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the push up challenge. I might try it. But I am doing the C25k. I sent you a friend request. It's been fun. I am NOT a runner. I avoided it like the plague growing up. But now I have committed to running/jogging my first 5K March 18! So I am holding myself to it. I need to add some weight training into the mix. I do Taekwondo 3 days a week as well. So my activity is 6 days a week already. I need to figure out when to do the weights. That's my plan this week, adding in 2-3 weight sessions, maybe before I run. Not sure. :smile:
    Good luck!!!!
  • breesensei
    Options
    Im excited I got so many friends out of this! We are going to be bad *kitten* after this is over :glasses:
    Oh for the 100 push ups
    http://hundredpushups.com/index.html
    EVERYTHING you need to know is on that website (:
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm a C25K graduate and am currently in week 1 of the Bridge to 10K. I have never heard of the 7 weeks to 100 push ups. I could really use that! Sending you a friend request. Count me in on the challenge!
  • breesensei
    Options
    I have just been doing high impact aerobics and decided to try to run, but I suck at it, remembered a friend on here said something about the c5k I did some research, and BAM it is so simple. The push up challenge is great as well, I am a wimp who could only do 2 pushups, but It has workouts based on your level of experience.. so you work up to 100 pushups.. LIKE A BOSS (:
  • breesensei
    Options
    I'm a C25K graduate and am currently in week 1 of the Bridge to 10K. I have never heard of the 7 weeks to 100 push ups. I could really use that! Sending you a friend request. Count me in on the challenge!
    It is super easy! I recommend it. And how satisfying was it to run those 3 miles? (: I bet you felt GREAT
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Yes! It was awesome! I'm now running four ten minute intervals for the B210K training and it's going well. That reminds me, I need to go look for some fun runs. :)

Have you done the pushup challenge already? It's good to hear that it's helped you! I could really use the extra support because I dread pushups. I need that upper body strength for my pole work, though, so I need to suck it up and get to it!
    It is super easy! I recommend it. And how satisfying was it to run those 3 miles? (: I bet you felt GREAT
  • MissSpuggz
    Options
    If you struggle with pushups, start the program doing them from the knee. It'll make them easier but also help build up you upper body strength. That's my little cheat because I can't do push ups at all so plan on doing the first three weeks or so doing basic knee push ups and then move to a full body push up when I can.
  • nadja_k
    nadja_k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing couch to 10k! I did cto5k and freeway to 10k 2 years ago and was a regular runner for a while until I had a bad injury over the summer. So, I'm now just getting back into running. Was going to restart cto5k when i saw a cto10k program for the iphone that looked really good and was only slightly longer than cto5k.

I LOVE these programs. I've also been considering the pushup program. I can only do 2 "real" pushups. LOL
  • gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    C25k is great :smile:

100 pushups is more or less impossible IMO. I tried it a while back and bailed out at about week 3. It just goes up too fast - looking at level one, you start by doing 12 reps in the first session. By the 6th session (end of week 2) it wants 30. 2 weeks & 6 sessions after that it's 80, and 2 weeks after that it's 170!

If the first weeks aren't a complete doddle for you I can't see how you'd ever progress that quickly.
  • roxiedog12
    Options
    I am starting the 100 push ups this week any tips??
  • breesensei
    Options
    If you can only do 1-5 pushups you start in a 4week preliminary program to work up to being able to do pushups and from there you train differently until you can do all 100, for example, week one in the prelim, 5 sets of wall pushups :p easy! One set of 5, then 8, 5, 5, 10. And yes, the program has high expectations, but I'm sure you can take it down a notch if need be (:
  • breesensei
    Options
    Yes! It was awesome! I'm now running four ten minute intervals for the B210K training and it's going well. That reminds me, I need to go look for some fun runs. :)

Have you done the pushup challenge already? It's good to hear that it's helped you! I could really use the extra support because I dread pushups. I need that upper body strength for my pole work, though, so I need to suck it up and get to it!

I am starting tomorrow! I'm a weenie so I have so start a 4 week beginners program so I can do REAL push ups :bigsmile:
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    I can't do real push ups very well, either. I think I'm going to go through the program with knee push ups until I feel strong enough to restart it with real push ups. I slacked on starting, but you know what? I'm starting today!