Mexian VS. Chinese....

Options
My two favorite types of tood are mexian and chinese, and quite frankly, I'm having a difficult time giving them up. I recognize the fact the neither type of food is really "healthy for me", but they are still oh so yummy! So do any of you have any tips on how I can still eat the yummy food; just make it healthier???
:)

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Mexican is some I do frequently. If you are talking making it yourself, ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef makes a big difference. If you're eating out fajitas are awesome and ask that they prepare it with very little oil (most restaurants will comply). I haven't found a way to make chinese "healthy" and retain the "yum". You can get steamed dishes but the flavor just isn't there.
  • Hooper28
    Hooper28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We get Chinese at least once a week. I usually get shrimp or chicken with broccoli and ask them to make it spicy. That really adds flavor! And I don't eat rice with it. I will sometimes get an egg roll if I have the extra calories.

I have not been able to have Mexican and stay within calories. The chips and salsa get me!

......now I want Chinese :)
  • DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a lot you can do to help the Chinese food addiction :( Everything is either cooked with exorbitant amounts of fats or literally bathed in them. It's a high calorie meal. I tried going to a Chinese buffet and eating "sensibly" but you end up having a chicken wing, a mound of rice as big as a ping pong ball, one or two pork strips and I couldn't even think about ordering a Mai Tai :-P
  • ericalyn93
    Options
    I ended up having a portion of rice (about the size of my palm) with some broccolli, peppers, and crab meat. then they cooked it on the hibacchi grill..i really don't think it was all that healthy. but hey! today was my splurge day...lol