Starting to lose weight

Options
Hi guys,

I finally am starting to shed some weight. I read all your responses and value them. I changed up my diet a little by adding protein shakes in the morning (blended with skim milk, protein powder, flax seed, banana and a touch of peanut butter). Not only are they good, but I feel a little stronger as well. Not stronger in muscle, but more in endurance.

I also cut down on water, just a little. I know the importance of water and make sure I drink enough.

When I work out I am also starting to do faster reps (in the pool, track and bike). Anyway, to make a long story short, I competed in a mini-triathalon last weekend and came in third in my age group. I'm very proud of myself and think that if I can lose the 20 pounds it will only help me in my times.

Thanks for all your comments, they really helped.

Jason

Replies

• jason7
    jason7 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi guys,

I finally am starting to shed some weight. I read all your responses and value them. I changed up my diet a little by adding protein shakes in the morning (blended with skim milk, protein powder, flax seed, banana and a touch of peanut butter). Not only are they good, but I feel a little stronger as well. Not stronger in muscle, but more in endurance.

I also cut down on water, just a little. I know the importance of water and make sure I drink enough.

When I work out I am also starting to do faster reps (in the pool, track and bike). Anyway, to make a long story short, I competed in a mini-triathalon last weekend and came in third in my age group. I'm very proud of myself and think that if I can lose the 20 pounds it will only help me in my times.

Thanks for all your comments, they really helped.

Jason
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you Jason!
  • wobblybum
    wobblybum Posts: 21
    Options
    Good for you, it's very encouraging when you start to see a difference, keep it up!
  • spillian
    spillian Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi this is Spillian, And finally today I put myself on a scale and I have lost weight. I started at 168 on March 4th and as of today I'm down to 161 for a total of 7 POUNDS. YEH!!!!. For awhile there I thought nothing was going on, but now I'm more motivated than ever. Thank you MFP!!:tongue:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
    You rock!
    :drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's terrific!