NEW TO THIS....NEED HELP

Options
Hi Everyone:

Hoping all is well...I must admit I really need help to keep me motivated in working this program. I always find myself starting and NEVER finishing what I started...I've cried many of nights. My calorie take a day is 1200 and thus far I have just completed my first week menu all in the range NOT above 1200.

I must be honest and say I cannot wear any of my clothing that fits and are comfortable to wear...I refuse to go out and buy clothing. Therefore, I stay in leggings and a oversize top.

Ladies and Gents I am asking for your guidance as we are all here for a purpose to lose weight......Please respond

Replies

• amylweber
    Options
    I hope this site helps you, others, and me too!!!! With the help of my doctor I have lost 47lbs since Late April, but I really need some extra motivation to keep on to get the rest of the 39-49lbs go away. I was excited to find this site and good luck....just know there is support out there.
    :smile:
  • BlowYourMind
    Options
    You'll start to feel like you can do anything, you're willing to have pictures taken of your face and body, you'll be more confident and happy. Most importantly you'll be healthier. 1200 calories is the absolute minimum, if you want to up it 100-200 calories that's fine as long as you can work out. I've had that feeling, but I'm doing my best as of today to counteract my mistakes.
  • JustJanis
    Options
    Well you have taken a great 1st step! Do not feel discouraged! It is a rough road but well worth it in the end. Stay strong and believe in yourself! There is alot of support here and many success stories that keep me going every day now! We have all been there, let do this together! Any time you ever need, I am always down to motivate!!! I am telling you IT CAN BE DONE :)) Smile every day because you are on your way!!
  • BODY2BODY
    Options
    Ladies: Thanks so much! WOW I'm feeling the love from you all already and confident that I CAN do this...My weight is 190lbs and My goal is to reach 145-150...

I appreciate all of the comments.....Let's go ladies as we are here to assist one another.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you really found a great site to help you!
    glad you've made it this far.
    I also did not want to buy bigger clothes, got discourage and kicked myself in the *kitten* and managed to loose 78lbs in 9months, so you can do this and I wish you all the best, only you can take control and do it, no one will do it for you, be prepared to work and it's going to be hard, not so hard and easy.... all levels of frustration and good times are up ahead...
    Maintenance is a ***** however! so it's a constant battle...
    hope you find what you are looking for
    best wishes
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! One of the great things about this is not having to do it alone! I was just wanting to snack and decided to log on instead :) It's a source of support that is always available! Blessings on your journey :)
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It is very helpful. I started 5 weeks ago... My starting weight was 189.9 5 weeks later im at 179.8. My goal weight is too 150-145. This site really does work. Hope you find the support and motivation you need. Feel free to add me if you want =)
  • amylweber
    Options
    Well I'm excited to have some buddies now!!!! During my weight loss times I have just shopped thrift store for a few jeans or so at a time just to make it through the awkard phases until I can get back into my clothes.
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Each day is new day! Don't beat yourself up. You might want to start at higher calories instead of 1200... Add me as a friend if you want...
  • Saskenn
    Saskenn Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MFP is a very positive place, and it's nice because we all have the same goal, to get into better shape, take better care of ourselves, and feel better...so we really motivate each other, I love it here! And I'm sure you will too! For many, MFP is actually addictive, and what better to be addicted to?! Add me if you like..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!