85lbs down (Pix) Pre-Pregnancy weight

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
I started out weighing 250lbs. My height is 5'3. I weighed in at 250 at my OBGYN appt. when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I found out I was a diabetic at this same appt. Well I waited for the results to come back. I ended up having to do this test a few times, to be sure. I was on the border line. Once I started seeing the doctor who would deliver my daughter, he ordered more testing and sure enough I was a diabetic. I found out first tri. Was put on a very strict diet. I lost 70lbs within this pregnancy. No exercise at all, I was on bed rest for the most part of the pregnancy. I had a lot of complications. Funny thing about it is, I had a healthy 7lb 9oz baby. When I was pregnant with my oldest, I had a perfect pregnancy but a not so healthy baby. He is fine now.

Well I delivered my Olivia in December of 2010, I was 180lb, by September I shot up to 205, so another 25lbs I gained. Today I've lost 85lbs total but 40lbs since I started back in September.

I know I'll probably get these questions so let me go ahead and answer them.

Q: What is your diet like?
A: No fried foods, no bad sugars, 1 more week of no grains. Lot's of protein, veggies, and fruit. I try to eat clean. It's still all very new and a learning process.

Q: What is your workouts like?
A: I am doing the 30 day shred, I run sometimes, walk sometimes, Run my stairs every day, Just dance 2, push ups, plank jacks, and bike ride.

Q: How hard was it?
A: Probably the most hardest thing I've ever done besides give birth, but seeing that I had 2 c-sections, this living healthy has been the hardest. Just takes dedication and determination. I still have a ways to go.

Q: What motivated you?
A: A lot motivates me. Coming on here and reading success stories and seeing photo's motivates me, hearing my son say he is proud of me, my husband not able to keep his hands off me, MFP friends who tell me I inspire them. This motivates me. It starts with motivation, but ends up being a habit. Seeing how wonderful I feel, motivates me.

Not sure if I covered all the questions but these are what I am normally asked.

I have a ton of photo's... If they are too big I'll be re-sizing...

When I seen this photo of myself, I knew something had to be done. 250lbs
250.jpg

Right after having my daughter 180 - 168
1yr.jpg

This is in September. 205lbs
205-1.jpg

the photo speaks for itself
lots.jpg

40lb difference
40lbs.jpg

Arm's
arms.jpg

Replies

• cowgirllisa86
    cowgirllisa86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your amazing !!! Keep up the great work ! I am sure with your post u will inspire a bunch of people =)....
  • Romira
    Romira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Melissa. Keep on inspiring people. You have done so well :)
  • pandabear_05
    pandabear_05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!!!
  • LiquidSugarr
    LiquidSugarr Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I really hope that I can be as successful as you are!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration and a wonderful person; glad to have you as a friend. You've done awesome on your journey!!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Thank you all so much :)
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I really hope that I can be as successful as you are!

You so can, it's not easy. I know what it's like to be starting out and everyone around you seems to drop it fast and you feel like "What gives?" It can and it will happen, don't hope for it, reach for it :)
  • Ms_NewNew
    Ms_NewNew Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration.....YOU ROCK.....Whenever I log on Im looking for your motivational post....THANKS SO MUCH
  • jessicabass1
    Options
    you look fantastic. and your a great inspiration. thank you for posting your success. Keep it up!!!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you must be super proud of yourself! Well done.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic. Wow.
  • denz100plus
    denz100plus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation for such a short time... esp the first 2 pics.. 14 days.. unbelievable!! Well done, you inspire us all!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Thank you guys :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!