videos/dvds

Options
I have several exercise videos that i'm actually going to start using--what a concept lol--one in particular, Yoga Meltdown. It definitely is cardio but I think strength training as well. How should I log it? Cardio or strength?

Also, are there any dvds you would recommend?

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I have several exercise videos that i'm actually going to start using--what a concept lol--one in particular, Yoga Meltdown. It definitely is cardio but I think strength training as well. How should I log it? Cardio or strength?

Also, are there any dvds you would recommend?

Hi EBaca140, I don't log my workouts on here, but I do log my workouts. If I'm doing a workout that's both cardio and strength, I log it as both. If MFP doesn't have a cardio/strength option, then you need to check off both cardio and strength for workouts that you do that's both.

I always recommend Tae Bo. You can preview the workouts that I'm going to suggest to you on Collagevideo.com or youtube. You can find them at Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, Collagevideo.com, TotalFitnessdvds.com, etc.. You can even check with your local library to see if they have the following Tae Bo workouts. Billy has other workouts as well. I'm only suggesting his latest Tae Bo workouts.

1. Tae Bo Ripped Extreme: This is a cardio/strength workout for women. Billy is the only man in this workout.
    2. Billy's BootCamp S.O.S. Sweat off the Sizes
    3. Billy's BootCamp: Cardio Sculpt
    4. Tae Bo: This is Tae Bo
    5. Billy Blanks' Tae Bo Insane Abs
    6. Billy Blanks' TaeBo Power
    7. Billy Blanks' TaeBo Cardio Explosion
    8. Billy's Bootcamp Cardio Inferno
    9. PT 24/7

Non Tae Bo workouts.

1. Chris Freytag. She has so many. Chris is one of my personal trainers. She's a good trainer.
    2. Men's Health Belly Off: The Body Weight Routine
    3. Men's Health Belly Off: The Strength Training Routine
    4. Leslie Sansone Walk Off The Pounds. She has so many workouts too.

Are you into dance workouts?
  • EBaca140
    Options
    I'd forgotten about Billy Banks I did one of his tae-bo videos ages ago and it was awesome I'll definitely look for something by him. Dance work outs would be cool too.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'd forgotten about Billy Banks I did one of his tae-bo videos ages ago and it was awesome I'll definitely look for something by him. Dance work outs would be cool too.

Tae Bo is my favorite workout. As for dance workouts, check out these on Collagevide.com or youtube.

1. Island Girl Fitness Dance Workout: You can view them on youtube and buy them on Amazon.com
    2. Core Rhythms
    3. Dance Off the Inches: Fat Burning Belly Dance. You can buy this workout on Amazon, besides Collagevideo.com. It has two different covers.
    4. Dance Off the Inches: Sizzling Salsa. This workout comes in a Latin Party Pack at Walmart, three workouts and weights for $24.99. I have the party pack, but I've owned the video prior to buying the party pack last month. You can buy just the workout on Collagevideo.com or Amazon. Amazon might be cheaper.
    5. Dance Off the Inches: Tummy Tone
    6. 10 Minute Solution: Latin Dance Mix
    7. Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast!
    8. Prevention: Dance Yourself Thin:
  • rhiasmith
    Options
    I really like the 10 minute workout by Beachbody - the same people that made P90X, its great!! :D
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like the beachbody stuff.

Insanity-cardio
    P90x-strength training
    Turbo fire-cardio
    Chalean extreme-strength training.
    I've also done hip hop abs which is all ab workout.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Log yoga as yoga. I like Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I also have several bob harper and jillian michaels DVDs that are great. I find having a big variety works for me or else I get bored doing the same thing.